LOST 42 POUNDS

Hi. I've lost 42 pounds in the past year by cutting out processed foods, sugars and flour products. I also started INTERMITTENT FASTING and eat only 1-2 meals a day. I just recently started watching my calories and trying to keep my carbohydrates low. I'm 75 and never felt better. My health has greatly improved and I'm off 4 medications.

I started out at 270. I was bedbound due to severe back pain but now I hardly have any discomfort at all and can walk again. This is nothing short of a miracle.

I would love to encourage you as I continue on my journey. My goal is -100 pounds (170). Please send me a friend request.

Replies

• nancym30
    nancym30 Posts: 27 Member
    Hi Barb, I’d love to be friends and support each other. I’m 64, and lost 60 pounds 4 1/2 years ago, getting to 150, my goal weight. This past year especially the weight has been creeping back and I’m 25 pounds now over my 150 goal weight. I’m still proud of how much I’ve kept off, but I really do need to turn things back around again. I don’t want to be heavy!
  • clriley99
    clriley99 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Barb, my name is CLRILEY99 amd I am 60 and living in Oklahoma. I wiuld like to be friends and help support eachother on our journeys.
    I lost 32 pounds with another app but I got tired of the repetitive lessons after six months. So a relative suggested MFP as an alternative which is wgere he went also. I am struggling getting back to the gym since Thanksgiving. I have put a third of the 32 lbs back on and do not want to continue to do so. I had so much willpower before the holidays. My food is not too bad. I do need to get the small amount of processed foods out of my daily routine but on the whole, I eat pretty healthy!
    Help!
  • strgzrlily
    strgzrlily Posts: 19 Member
    Great job Barb!!! I’ve been down with back pain since last August. I’ve gained 32 pounds back and have undergone all the non surgical avenues for treatment of sciatica to no avail. Surgery soon. I just started back on my eating plan this week and am down 6.2 pounds. I’m doing Atkins. You’ve got the rest of this! I believe you’ll reach your goal!!!!
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    I'm newer to this low-carb life. I'm doing a more Keto diet but find the weight loss to be slow, albeit I do feel changes in my body shape.
  • BarbMessimer
    BarbMessimer Posts: 257 Member
    nancym30 wrote: »
    Hi Barb, I’d love to be friends and support each other. I’m 64, and lost 60 pounds 4 1/2 years ago, getting to 150, my goal weight. This past year especially the weight has been creeping back and I’m 25 pounds now over my 150 goal weight. I’m still proud of how much I’ve kept off, but I really do need to turn things back around again. I don’t want to be heavy!

I sent you a friend request