Highest weight, lowest place

Options
Hi all. I'm Sarah, 37, from near Loch Lomond in Scotland. Looking for some friends in a similar place with their weight loss.

I stood on the scales today, at 17st 10lbs. My highest ever weight.

I was 16st 7lbs in 2003, when I lost 6st 10lbs and maintained a healthy weight for the majority of 13 years (though always yoyoed). I got fit, strong and healthy. Even did an MSc in weight management.

But in the past few years I've just gained and gained, with weight loss attempts being short lived and always gaining back and more. Very closely linked to my life falling apart and my mental health suffering.

I'm depressed, unfit and my health is starting to suffer. I need to change this, I don't want to hit 40 being this way.

I swear I'm a lot more fun than I sound right now 🤣 Weight loss is a lonely experience, so I'd love to connect with others in the same boat so we can cheer each other on.

Replies

• jamiewil201
    jamiewil201 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm at my highest weight too I want to lose about 40lbs
  • Jd4576
    Jd4576 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, fellow Scottish person. Happy to add you
  • Izatar
    Izatar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Best Wishes to you. I am down 115 pounds from my highest weight, but I have 91more pounds to lose. It is a huge struggle for many of us to lose so much weight. I try hard to stay positive as much as I can.
  • kimmylmccord
    kimmylmccord Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We can do this!
  • mrsemmo199
    mrsemmo199 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, 41yrs and losing weight is so much harder than when I was younger!! I’ve got about 21lbs to lose and really hoping this too will help to keep me motivated and accountable 🤞🏼

You can do this, good luck!
  • mrskirving
    mrskirving Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    4 stone to go for me. I feel you girl!

Baby steps and we will get there.
  • jonny310580
    jonny310580 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah, Same here, lost loads but then gained it all back so working from scratch again as off today. I am also from Scotland, near Glasgow
  • amyers0714
    amyers0714 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love seeing everyone from different regions on here! I’m from the US but I would LOVE to have an accountability partner! Adding you now! We can do this! 💪🏼
  • kissanyacat
    kissanyacat Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I’m Canadian I’ve gone up and down for years after having kids but not I’m determined to get down and stay down