Haters - a confession

Options

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm277152.htm

"FDA experts say black licorice contains the compound glycyrrhizin, which is the sweetening compound derived from licorice root. Glycyrrhizin can cause potassium levels in the body to fall. When that happens, some people experience abnormal heart rhythms, as well as high blood pressure, edema (swelling), lethargy, and congestive heart failure."

" If you’re 40 or older, eating 2 ounces of black licorice a day for two weeks could cause an irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)"

.... There's a good reason to hate it! LOL
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I love everything you posted but the brussel sprouts. You know what I hate that everyone else here loves?

1zb3uqa.jpg
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    You dont love any vegetables...brussel sprouts asparagus. What's wrong with you?
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Black licorice is the worst. But love me some veggies. My son eats Brussels sprouts when they are pan fried with pancetta and topped with Parmesan cheese :) it still counts as a veggie!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    You dont love any vegetables...brussel sprouts asparagus. What's wrong with you?

not true... i like broccoli and lima beans.

Young-boy-thumbs-his-nose-005.jpg
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options

not true... i like broccoli and lima beans.

Young-boy-thumbs-his-nose-005.jpg

Lima beans? What's wrong with you?
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Those first 3 got me engaged to my latest crush. I could never hate them.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I love everything you posted but the brussel sprouts. You know what I hate that everyone else here loves?

1zb3uqa.jpg

Absolutely! Lumpy, spoiled milk gunk. :tongue:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    I hate this:

url?sa=i&rct=j&q=broccoli+gif&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=Q4nWQ5GVPoc72M&tbnid=zJXS2ShuLlgZeM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsydney.foodconnect.com.au%2Fresources%2Frecipes%2F&ei=O5EeUpqRIomayAGQ9IHABw&bvm=bv.51495398,d.aWc&psig=AFQjCNF9bqod1RILwZB1VI5o8JZWKMKkeg&ust=1377821324646854

why can't I get my gifs to work??? :sad: :sad: :sad:

Hit view original image and snip and paste again
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I enjoy them all

this
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

1zb3uqa.jpg

Nope. I can't stand that stuff. Rotten milk.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of these:
    green_olives.jpg
  • ShadeyC
    ShadeyC Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    black liquorice is the devil's candy. I mean, who *wants* to eat something like that, let alone pretend that it's delicious candy. It is a total candy fail.

exactly... it needs to be taken down a peg and i'm just the hater to do it! :angry:

black-licorice1.jpg
    oh sweet jeebus, yes.
    But asparagus is really tasty covered in some olive oil and parm. Plus it makes your pee smell fancy, so there's that. What's not to love?
    I AM a fan of the fancy pee, though.

Perfect
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    hate :angry:
    2993286120_c2db74df87.jpg

love! :heart: :heart: :heart:
    brachs-candy-corn-web.jpg
  • SuperHero_Girl
    SuperHero_Girl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Other than the asparagus and brussel sprouts, I everything else that has been listed in this thread. Black licorice is just disgusting, cottage cheese has the most disgusting texture, cauliflower is far too bland for my tastes and olives just taste weird and bad.

I also despise blue cheese and can only handle gorgonzola in small doses, and I hate hate hate cilantro. I'm also incredibly picky about pickles and red onions.
  • habsfan802
    habsfan802 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to have a love affair with Brussels sprouts. Keep the licorice though.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    black liquorice is the devil's candy. I mean, who *wants* to eat something like that, let alone pretend that it's delicious candy. It is a total candy fail.

exactly... it needs to be taken down a peg and i'm just the hater to do it! :angry:

black-licorice1.jpg
    used to be that candy was real herbal extracts, and had medicinal purposes.
    I like those veggies lol. Maybe you will like them better when they are in season? They are out of season right now!!
  • MsMimidoll
    MsMimidoll Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I love it all except for black licorice ewww
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I like most all veggies except I don't care for green olives or pickles or anything pickled tasting. And I don't like Milk, it has to be disguised in something like coffee or a smoothie or something for me to drink that.
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm craving black licorice right now.