Haters - a confession

Options

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I love everything you posted but the brussel sprouts. You know what I hate that everyone else here loves?

1zb3uqa.jpg

Black licorice and cottage cheese are both disgusting. Although if they want to marry I would support their choice. I do like brussel sprouts...cooked in bacon grease with crumbled bacon, cranberries, and blue cheese.
  • mkbledsoe
    mkbledsoe Posts: 132
    Options
    I hate pushups!
  • kf5ljp
    kf5ljp Posts: 31
    Options
    love em
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I love everything you posted but the brussel sprouts. You know what I hate that everyone else here loves?

1zb3uqa.jpg

I tried cottage cheese once. A good, honest try. For weeks I would get nauseous just thinking about it. So jealous of the people that even just find it tolerable.
  • Yanagibashi
    Yanagibashi Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    1. I like black licorice.

2. Who eats 2 oz of black licorice every day for 2 weeks in a row? I like it, but on a once a quarter or so basis and not for 2 weeks at a time.

3. I agree with whomever hated cottage cheese first.

4. Okra is the devil's slimy, icky vegetable and you couldn't pay me to eat it.
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of these:
    green_olives.jpg

Gross gross gross! Anything with pimentos needs to die in a fire. It can take something delicious and make it disgusting in zero seconds flat.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm277152.htm

"FDA experts say black licorice contains the compound glycyrrhizin, which is the sweetening compound derived from licorice root. Glycyrrhizin can cause potassium levels in the body to fall. When that happens, some people experience abnormal heart rhythms, as well as high blood pressure, edema (swelling), lethargy, and congestive heart failure."

" If you’re 40 or older, eating 2 ounces of black licorice a day for two weeks could cause an irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)"

.... There's a good reason to hate it! LOL
    Thank you for reasearching this. It kinda good to know this.
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    Love the first two the second two can go scratch! Oh and as far as cottage cheese, why would anyone want to eat something that looks and smells like baby vomit. Gross!
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I HATE SEAFOOD! Blergh!
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    black liquorice is the devil's candy. I mean, who *wants* to eat something like that, let alone pretend that it's delicious candy. It is a total candy fail.

Have you tried dutch liquorice? Now that's a treat!
  • CycleGuy9000
    Options
    i confess.

and i'm starting to hate this:

Cauliflower.jpg

Is that you Betty?
    betty-white-240.jpg
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    3. I agree with whomever hated cottage cheese first.

4. Okra is the devil's slimy, icky vegetable and you couldn't pay me to eat it.

37368988.jpg
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of these:
    green_olives.jpg

Gross gross gross! Anything with pimentos needs to die in a fire. It can take something delicious and make it disgusting in zero seconds flat.

No no no! Suck out the pimento, stuff it full of blue cheese and throw them in a martini! yum!
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Blue cheese in a martini? :sick:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You just have to cook the asparagus right and it's almost like French fries. Almost.
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Blue cheese in a martini? :sick:

Well at least I don't have to worry about you drinking mine. :wink:
    I like a dirty martini!
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Unfortunalty i hate all veg appart from raw carrots and mushy peas :( lol
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Hate califlower and licqourice, hate cottage cheese

LOVE asparagus with poached eggs and parmesan, or melted goats cheese and rocket.
  • DesireeNL
    DesireeNL Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    As a Dutch person, I have to stand up for the liquorice! I think we're the only country who consumes tons of the stuff, and it comes in all shapes, sizes and flavours! The one the OP pictured is my least favourite, there are much better ones out there.

I love these:
    verklein.php?w=150&file=munt%20drop%20klene.jpg
    Coins, they are hard and a bit sweet

And these:
    haringdrop.large.jpg
    Salty herrings, they are softer on the inside

And there are so many more, sweet, salty, soft, hard, honey flavoured, peppermint, combinations with winegums, shaped like cars, cats, pigs, atm cards, dinosaurs etc! lol
  • ghsfitnesspal
    ghsfitnesspal Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    120824-blacklicorice-315p.380;380;7;70;0.jpg

Ohhh that makes more sense..I thought that was a pack of drill bits. Wondered why they were done up all fancy!