Adjusting the macros on a food item

theclaw900
theclaw900 Posts: 320 Member
Can we adjust the individual macros on a food item without making a custom entry? For example, an English muffin contains 4gms of protein, 1 gram of fat, and 25gm of carbs. It really is not a source of protein so can I "erase" those 4gms so I know I still need to get those with healthier protein sources by the end of the day?

Thank you
Jeff

Best Answer

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,175 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Unfortunately no. If you're doing this, you'd might as well create a Quick Add food, which if you're Premium can include macros as well as calories. Otherwise, you'd need to either find a selection in the database that matches what you're actually consuming, or create a new food item, which you could then choose to add to our database as well.

Answers

• theclaw900
    theclaw900 Posts: 320 Member
    Sorry for the late response. Thanks. I didn't think so knowing what I already know about MFP. I've been on here on and off for a long time and other Macro counting apps have explained the differences between MFP and their own. Thanks for confirming.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    theclaw900 wrote: »
    Can we adjust the individual macros on a food item without making a custom entry? For example, an English muffin contains 4gms of protein, 1 gram of fat, and 25gm of carbs. It really is not a source of protein so can I "erase" those 4gms so I know I still need to get those with healthier protein sources by the end of the day?

Thank you
    Jeff

It's still protein...it still adds to your total daily protein target so I don't know why you would want to erase it. You add to your total protein here and there with all kinds of different foods, not just animal products. Besides that, macros are what make up your calories...4 calories per gram of carbohydrate, 4 calories per gram of protein, and 9 calories per gram of dietary fat. If you could just erase one, the math wouldn't add up.
This discussion has been closed.