WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2022

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    So sorry I missed your birthday TERRI!!! Sounds like it was happy.

Oh Beth, I feel for you and I understand that caring for TWO parents would be WAY too much for you. The cost for both of them is a lot too though. We were very Blessed to find a reliable, wonderful home-health care aide for my MIL before we found her a senior-living apartment near us. And the woman was ONE person and she was only replaced when she was ill. It was so great. But, if you don't find that one person and are saddled with changing people every day or every several days, you're at the mercy of the agency and their personnel and that doesn't always work well.

I'm worried about my laptop too, Annie! And I use it for work and play... YIKES! Freddy says we're going to try to replace the battery first and see what happens.

Hi marty, welcome!

Omgosh... "stresslaxing"! I think I do that, Machka. Now I know what it's called.

I've used Voltaren for years too, Debbie! You should really try it, Katla. Don't know about that Stopain, but I'd love the spray/roll on idea. I hate having to "apply" the cream.

Have to admit, I had TWO cookies yesterday. Went to test two of my kiddos at the middle school and visited a dear, old friend who's the head cook there and she gave me two of the CC cookies...... which are FRANKLY THE BESSSSSSSTESTESTESTEST... yes, I said it, CC cookies on the planet. So, I had to eat them. I just HAD TO! She knows they're my fave. Oh well. So, I'll have to do some extra body groove today.

Carla, groovin' in MN

here is the link on Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=stopain&crid=3A1S30KJQRM6Y&sprefix=stopain,aps,309&ref=nb_sb_noss_1
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Today is usually my day off but my daycare girl is coming today, (didn't come Monday). Planned on going to the park with her beings we didn't go Monday or Tuesday(rained Tuesday)-rained hard last night and this morning with more showers to come so will be too wet to go.
    Wanted to sleep in but the neighbors right behind us thought that 8:30AM was a good time to start the chain saw. If they are cutting the trees that hang over the fence and are tall and block the sun, go ahead(dh had already woke me up at 7:30 when he came in from work and wasn't really sleeping, just hoping to)
    Dh set up my Fitbit- actual name brand one, not just a tracker. I am getting used to all the new features.
    The buzzer to get me up and moving and the app that actually works on my phone.
    Machka- it shows total calories burned, like what you were explaining to me(not just exercise calories like my other one). Very interesting. Says I burned just about 2000 cal yesterday after an hour of zumba.
    Checking my sleep on the app has been an eye opener- to really see it. The amount of time I was actually getting good sleep compared to awake or light sleep I knew but seeing it on the graph kind of surprised me.

We had DH's aunt in an assisted living place here- thankfully her daughter left her well set financially when she passed away(even after the daughter's friend coersed over 500,000 from her before we got her out of that situation and moved her closer to us- he was her only family). It started at $2,500 a month then up to $3000. It was going up to $3,500 when she passed away. She lived there for ten years and was about to run out of money if she lived another year.
    Now we are looking at finding care for MIL in her home or in a place. One day she wants to move, next she just wants a house cleaner, tells the doctor she doesn't have anyone-with son sitting right there, says he never goes over to help, even though he is there every day. I tried to suggest things and got cut off so, it is on him. She has started falling often-twice this week so needs someone there. The doctor said a big part of the weakness and all is from her smoking- DH told the doctor she smokes 2-3 cartons a month which isn't true- it is at least 4 cartons a month so over a pack every day. If she has to go into a home, I don't want to be around then, as most do not allow smoking. She will be more of a witch than she already is.

Allie- don't feel bad. You are helping Tracy out so much. If you aren't feeling up to it, stay home on her days off so you will have more energy to take care of Miles on the days she really needs you.

Carla- I posted the link to all the Stopain on Amazon. I haven't tried the roll on- we always get the spray. MIL uses a spray from Solanpas- says it sprays better(but had complained that it didn't work as well before- who knows if it is)

Happy belated birthday Terri- I thought I had wished you a happy birthday yesterday but I guess I forgot to hit Post Reply.

Time for more tea- eyes are so tired and blurry still this morning.
    Need to try and go to bed earlier. I am very tired in the late afternoons but at bed time, wide awake( and wanting to snack)

Have a wonderful Thursday

Debbie
    Napa Valley
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your love and concern.. and I think I will speak to Tracy about it tomorrow when she comes home from work..
    Your right... i do need to be able to do things that i want to do .. and we can do things once she gets out of work.. so i will be going to pick up Carmine at school and then taking her to guitar and back..
    And then tomorrow is babysitting day
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Mini cooper — I put Voltaren on my grumpy left knee regularly. My doctor actually gave me the tube. I will buy it myself when I run out. It really helps my knee joint.

Allie — Rebecca has a good point. Your family does appear to lean on you for your time and childcare for your grandchildren. If you’re feeling great and want to do something fun with them, go for it. But take care of yourself and your personal health needs to come first. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    edited April 2022
    Options
    message from my friend, regarding her grandson, David.

Aww, no more news on David. His fever returned, they found some other stuff they need to figure out ( high salt ?) no clue ? What that means. He might be fighting an infection, I don’t know

Needs a lot of prayers

MIL's doctor called with the results from her blood work. A1C is 11. Putting her on an additional pill. She needs to start eating regular food and not snack so much. Cut back on the white rice(which she eats all the time-a Japanese thing).Doesn't think it is because of what she eats- says the meter is wrong or the pills aren't working or???
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We are having a quiet day so far. I am grateful for quiet time today & time with DH. I just made lime jello for him. It will take time for the jello to become firm.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I had a cracker day.

Just putting the finishing touches to my Latin translation for tomorrow, and making sure I’m ready to get there for 9.30am.

Allie: I agree with the others. You NEED that time off to avoid burnout!!! Tracy et al are perfectly capable of working it out for themselves. If you get ill they will have to manage.
    Faith: Freshly picked veg/fruit are sooooo good!
    Heather: 💕 the new Norwegian cruise.
    Rebecca: 🥰 Athena is such a personality.

The last week of the month is usually quite easy, but next week is busy. On Monday, I have to go for my 4th Covid booster at 12.00. Then I have Monday Painters at 14.00.
    On Tues I am having my eyes tested for new glasses at 09.50, then will go to Craft.
    On Thurs we have our U3A Monthly Meeting.
    On Friday I have Latin at 09.30, then a hearing test at 16.00.

🥳🎉 Cheers to those celebrating.
    Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.
    🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

walk w/family- 1hr 35min 48sec, 26elev, 3.13ap, 96mhr, 112mhr, 5.07mi= 414c
    Strava app = 578c
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 48.32min, 105elev, 67aw, 15.5amph, 113ahr, 139mhr, 12.53mi= 333c
    Strava app = 187c
    Zwift stats- 48.38min, 106elev, 67aw, 59arpm, 12.5mi= 187c

Total cal 747
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Well, day two with no candy or cookies, and no pistachios, but I did go out to lunch then eat saltines so I blew my calories again.

I've been calling about an appointment for my knee but haven't gotten through yet.

And here I am, not exercising. I need to figure out how to work around my knee.

Annie in Delaware
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    B)
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    We are having a quiet day so far. I am grateful for quiet time today & time with DH. I just made lime jello for him. It will take time for the jello to become firm.

I guess your daughter and granddaughter are tired from traveling if you’re having a quiet day with them there. Enjoy your time with them.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Kim … hugs… just hugs…

Beth
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options