WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2022

Options
barbiecat
barbiecat Posts: 16,912 Member
vrzn3gbyf2jb.jpg

:) After more than two years of relative isolation because of the pandemic, I am even more grateful for our supportive community of women ages 50+. You have been there for me when I was home day after day. You shared your ups and downs and listened to what I had to say. Thank you.

:) This is a new month and a new opportunity to move forward with plans and goals and resolutions and hopes. Let's make it a good one.

:) Please sign your post with a name of nickname and a location that will help us be more connected.

:) Don't forget to bookmark the thread so you can find us again.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

My word for 2022 is "continue"--I have lots of good habits and want to continue them.

Replies

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,287 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting us off with another blank slate Barbie!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,385 Member
    Options
    Stepping in to say "Thank You" to you, Barbie. I have leaned on this community so much in the last couple years, and have gotten so much support. I am ever grateful.

Will post goals and such tomorrow.

Later,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Barbie— Thank you for the new thread. “Continue” is an excellent word choice. I hope to continue to enjoy life with DH, and to enjoy the friends we meet here.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Thanks Barbie!!!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
    Jjj
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Thank you again Barbie for bringing us into another month.. you are our fearless leader xoxo
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,336 Member
    Options
    Happy April Ladies! <3 Thank you Barbie for carrying us along and continuing to motivate us. <3

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,084 Member
    Options
    ❤️
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,341 Member
    Options
    Worked then went to the gym. Just walked on the treadmill for an hour at a speed of 4mph. Then went to the Salvation Army, got 2 shirts that I may take to the condo, then the mall to go to Belk’s. See, yesterday I got a $10 off coupon for there but it started Monday (yes, I got it yesterday – Wednesday) and is only good until Sunday. I guess by them sending it out on Wednesday they figure people won’t have time to use it. Well, I wanted a potato masher for down the condo, but the only one that they had was $15. No way. I also want a new set of sheets for down there but the cheapest ones I could find were $35. No way. So I got this thing that goes on the sink where you can keep sponges, hang dishrags, etc. We’ll see how it goes, Vince doesn’t think that it’ll be useful. If I find that I can’t use it, then I’ll just donate it. It’s not like I lost much. It was $7 and with my $10 coupon it was free.

Then in the afternoon Vince wanted to go to the allergist since he left his jacket there on Tuesday so I went and went to the Salvation Army near there. Got a potato masher for 99 cents and a DVD but I already have it so I’ll just redonate it. After dinner ran to WalMart for a few things. Tried to get my pedometer ready for when the weather is nicer and I take walks around the block, but we need to order more batteries.

Tomorrow is supposed to be nice and, hopefully, we can get the cover off the pool and at least some of the ceramics out so I wanted to get as much done today as possible’

M – my main criteria when we bought this house was that all the living area had to be on one floor. We told the realtor that if it wasn’t, don’t even show us the house. That’s a definite deal breaker. The house we have does have two floors, but downstairs is a party room, a game room, another bathroom, a bedroom, and my exercise room. So, really, I don’t HAVE to go down there. A while ago when I broke my foot, I didn’t go down the stairs. The worst that happened was that it got dusty. But all the living area is on the one floor. When Vince had the tibial plateau fracture and couldn’t go up and down the stairs to our bedroom or the main bath, that’s what absolutely convinced me to have all the living area on one floor

Allie – your condo sounds a lot like our condo in Florida!

I’ve begged, pleaded, and even more to get Vince to write down the passwords to accounts, etc for me, but for some reason he has procrastinated.

Loki went for his ultrasound. He has GI lymphoma. What is this with cancer???? The next step is to talk to an oncologist. From all our reading, with medication cats usually live a little over 2 years.

Food Lion had cabbage on sale last week for 59cents/pound so I got two heads. One of them I think I’ll use for coleslaw. Need a break from salad. The other head I’m thinking I’ll make soup with.

I was going to bake a pork loin for during the week, but I’m now wondering if I shouldn’t use my IP. Need to look for recipes

Rebecca – agree, you and Athena.

Plantlady – welcome back. I recognize your name.

Michele NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Michele sorry to hear about Loki's cancer. Hugs!

Welcome to all the new ladies!

I had a lovely dinner. I had fried catfish bites, and collard greens and pecan yams. Quite southern. And a brownie for dessert. Which means I better be serious about diet tomorrow.

Annie in Delaware
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hugs ladies! Cheers to a new month! Thank you Barbie for being our leader and being an inspiration. Many of you are actually, and your wise words give me motivation!

So its 8:00 pm and I am vacuuming. I know crazy, but I really do hate vacuuming. The fact that today was bedding washing day helped though. Dear husband said to me as he was heading upstairs, "don't forget the bed is still apart". Grrr, " um thanks"??? Like he knows how to make the darn bed too. But I know I do it better. Lol! I know I could've told him to make the bed, and he would've.
    Its interesting our relationship. Though we've been married 37 years, we really do make a good team. I am a better person with him, as he is with me. With gas prices the way they are, we probably won't go to the Oregon coast like we wanted. I will still go to my sisters in late June, as long as the train tickets aren't too expensive. Then do a weekend trip to see the middle son and family. I turn 60 this June, but I really don't want a party. My birthdays aren't anything big deal, we don't do the presents thing anymore. Maybe a slice of my favorite cake though, and out to dinner.
    Lets see my goals:
    Exercise at gym daily (well Monday thru Thursday)
    Eat my 1 or 2 meals a day fasting at least 18 hrs
    Walk 2 times a week on treadmill
    Finish eating any of my meals by 4 pm
    Start organizing my jewelry pieces for my art projects
    Keep minimizing and organizing
    Keep my tablet play to a couple times a day.
    Arise every morning at 7:30am. (that one is gonna be a struggle)
    Ok peace out ladies!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Wa

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    When we moved to WA we moved on to 10 acres with a triple-wide modular home. Except for 3 steps up to the door it is all on 1 level. It has 3 bedrooms and 3 baths with a sitting room off my bedroom and a library. There is a walk-in pantry and a laundry/mud room off the kitchen, very nice when we are coming in from the barn. There is a walk-in shower with seats in it in my bath. My DD lives here with me. It is a good age-in-place home. DD did the house shopping and did a really excellent job.

Katla - glad your DD is there to help.

Lisa - glad the tornados have avoided your place.

Welcome to those who are new and those returning.

Barbie - thanks for a new month.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,487 Member
    Options
    Barbie what you said about isolation and the friends on this thread.

March Summary and April Plan

No April foolin’, March was a big fat bust. Gimpy knee took its toll. Revised daily activities to 15 mins each, substituted 30 mins walking on even surface for dogs to powerline ‘til knee recovers.

March details:
    daily: sit with Joe: 100%/107%, wt=142.2 /142.4, readings=100%/100%, BP=100%/100%, osteo back=10%/14%, Tumble 5/10=58%/104% Shadow 5/10=34%/86%, declutter=95%/49%, cleaning68%/129%, outside=35%/107%, up hill=23%/86%, steps=average: 4820 vs 7395 step days:19%/68%, vits=94%/97% log=100%/97%, H20=3.8/5, CI<CO=90%/96%, CI<250<CO=65%75%, active hrs= 3.6/4.09, mfp=97%/100%, AF=52%/43%, groom T=396 avg 12.8/ 918 avg 33 mins
    wkly: Sun: wii=89%/149%, Mon: SWSY=0%/58%,Tue: dance=0%/115% Wed T’ai Chi=21% /27% Thur: BB&B=0%/35%, Fri T’ai Chi=0%/0%, Sat Yoga=110%/130%. Wed & Sat walk with T or Joe and the dogs or pack walk x2=0%/86%, Sat: rx=100%/100%,
    monthly: board and council mtgs=100%/100%, give back=hymns, fire district board, community calendar, prayer chain calls, casserole-a-thon, set and review progress on 22 goals: bupkes/0.

Weight: March 31: 142.2 Feb 28:142.4 Jan 31:143.0 Dec 31:142.9 Nov 31:140.9 Oct 31:145.1 Sept 30:141.3 Aug 31:140.0 July 31:140.2 June 30:141.5 May 31:142.4 Apr 30:141.5 Mar 31:145.3 Feb 28:142.4 Jan 31:141.3 Jan 1:145.3 Dec 1:143.3 Jan 1 2020: 142.3
    Waist: 42.0/42.0 afraid to measure :sick:
    April resolve- .
    Daily continue to be really present with Joe,
    Chain links: (weigh, readings, BP, 5 mins legs up the wall, 15 mins daily activity before Solitaire, then grooming as needed, 5 mins play training. 30 mins walking on even surface every day ‘til knee better, then dogs down to the powerline rain or shine. rx, vits, CI<250<CO, steps >7395,
    15 mins Daily activity: Sun wii, Mon SWSY, Tue LD, Wed TC, Thur BB&B, Fri TC, Sat Y 15.
    5 mins declutter, clean daily
    Purge just one thing from anywhere in the house.
    Bonus: 1 hr pack walks, call or text, give back, play with plants
    Encourage Joe to walk or bike.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif