WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2022

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,938 Member
    Options
    evie1958 wrote: »
    I am so looking forward to retirement! Only 19 weeks to go but who's counting! Well actually, I'm counting! lol

Looks like our tv has decided to pack it up. We have had it for 15-20 years, so I guess it's done its time. Now hubby can get a larger one.... I'm happy with the one we have, and I'm the one who watches it the most, but I won't argue with him. They've come down in price so much in the last few years!

I know there was more I wanted to say, but once again it's late and I really need to go to bed!
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!

Evelyn, on very springlike Vancouver Island

Lucky you!
    I'm still counting down toward retirement in years.

We got a new TV a couple years ago -- a bigger one. Like you say, the prices had come down so that the larger size was about the same price as the smaller one we had before. I thought the size we had before was all right, but I've been impressed with the larger size. :) I can see it better!

M in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,502 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, 10 mins wii yoga, legs up the wall, steps >7400, CI<CO, CI<250<CO.
    Bonus: 28 mins grooming T & S, dog group, post office, one load laundry, veg prep for fellowship & Joe.
    Just one thing: harness off keyboard, fitted for Gino.
    Workin’ on it: 142.2, H20x4, active :
    3: Listen to your body and be grateful for what it CAN do. Timely ;)

Took Gino to dog group to show him off. He was good with all but two of the other dogs, a yappy puppy and the aggressive bull mastiff, but pulls like Tumble. Pack walk was a little too much for me, turned back less than half way. Stayed for the exercises but by then was really limpin’. Stopped at PO Box and YAY, new knee brace arrived, just in time. ;)

This evening had the “Who is the Mama and who is the puppy” conversation with Gino. Tumble grumbled at him for getting too close to me while I was eating and he went for her. GRR I jumped up, grabbed him by the sides of the neck, growled at him, shook him, growled some more and held on until he surrendered and relaxed. Hopeful he’s a one-time learner like Dixie and Robby were.

Made step goal 2 days in a row, thanks to Barbie’s giving us a fresh start.

Julie your spontaneous dinner sounds just right. So sorry to hear the fatigue persists.
    Allie prayers for Jen’s DH, and her family.
    Lisa :Love: Corey giving Egg her shower. :laugh: Was today your birthday or is it in May?
    Rita thanks for the good news about your DH and his rXes.
    Rebecca ugh for the sludge. When I was doing collagen, I’d mix it in hot water with a little cider vinegar and honey. Yum! I am so with you about the spiders, but have been known to relocate worms from asphalt to grass [shudder].
    Carla (and likewise Rebecca) I’m grateful for your family’s service. What a tradition.
    Heather mown down by the toilet block :noway: You are a gifted listener and treasured friend.
    Michele WOW for the jewelry sales. Those must have been some beautiful pieces.
    Beth you are so right about home repairs and shady contractors. We refinanced to pay for a new roof 3 years ago and while it’s not leaking there were things done that weren’t done right and yes the company is no longer in Southern Oregon. It wasn’t a matter of choosing the cheapest roofer, it was a matter of choosing the one who returned our calls, at the time. :rage:
    Annie ((hugs)) so hard, frustrating, heartbreaking to try to help your mother when she’s being difficult.
    Pip “. . . still have strength for a good butt kick” Attta gal!
    Sue hooray for water!
    Tracey thanks for sharing about your mom. So damnhard.
    Evelyn good luck with your new TV.
    Terri your poem, what a perfect timely reminder. Thank you!

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif
  • Machka9
    Options
    hi all,

spent about 35-40 slow on stationary bike this morning

Wishing good day to all.

Why slow?

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Today's ride ... outside ...

m1iuvyymg6sg.png

Distance: 10.56km
    Elevation: 37m
    Moving Time: 38:11
    Elapsed Time: 38:14
    Speed: Avg: 16.6km/h | Max: 29.5km/h
    Calories: 197

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Weight distribution
    No surprise for our age, I have really gained around the middle.
    In old days I'd gain on thighs, calves, butt, in face and neck, probably a bit everywhere.
    Now most seems to be in the torso, mostly waist also bust though, which is an okay part).
    I used to have "normal" bust, not big and not small, I was fine with it. Then when losing weight in later life they got on the small side, which I don't mind but a bit hangy, since they had been bigger, but still not a big deal. Not looking for bigger bust but if I'm going to have gained elsewhere at least that balances it out a bit.

I was glad to dance yesterday. I keep endeavouring to lose. To be continued.

Wishing good day to all.

I've got a rather hourglass figure ... always have. And when I gain weight, I gain it all over to maintain my hourglass figure.

j5we62y1dlos.png

dxch0v38sf26.png

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,225 Member
    Options
    Barbara: Sounds like Gino is settling in nicely.
    Lisa: 🥰 Corey and Egg.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    DD treated us both to pedicures yesterday and it was a lovely treat. She is flying home to Illinois this morning. She plans to bring her daughter with her on her next visit here. I look forward to seeing our granddaughter. It has been a year since we saw her last.

❤️
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Julie-glad you had the spontaneous dinner with friend. I understand what you mean that it seems you can have better conversations when not in public. Don’t let weight fluctuations drive you crazy!

Allie-there do seem to be some strange things going around. Seems like now that we are coming out after Covid all of the regular stuff is catching up. Hope you don’t catch whatever Tom has.

Rita-so good to hear your son is on a good maintenance path at this time. I have known several people with mental health issues over the years that really needed medications for chemical imbalance. Every so often they would stop taking them (often saying they did not like the overall side effects). They had similar results as your son. You could be right about your body not knowing how to react without anxiety-we get used to everything!

Heather-it does make us feel good when we help someone else. And often, we just need to listen.

Rebecca-I am with you-spiders, etc., can just stay outside. I keep a can of spray handy since I leave alone and the cats are not handy with such things.

Terri-thank you so much for the reminders. I have been driving myself crazy with the post smoking gain. Got on scales this morning and have a nice drop-which is the way it often goes. I have to remind myself that even though I am heavier than I was, I am much less than my highest. In reality, I am at the point where loss will go slowly!

Aging in place-my house is a ranch. I go to basement for laundry and storage. I could get a stackable and put it in bathroom closet if needed. Would probably just take it to laundry service. I am looking at the 55+ sort of places (or honestly just decent apartment). Biggest issue is where I want to live when retired. I think when I find a place I will be ready to retire. I know I want to leave my hometown and live closer to one of my sons. One is in Columbus, the other in Arizona. While I’m weighing options-I keep working and saving money.

Thought my exhaustion this week was just from all the meetings at work. Yesterday was equally bad. Realized I had been having a sinus head ache off and on for the past week or so. Think that may be part of the problem. Have humidifier going this morning and will use saline. Will try to get rid of pressure with those things before breaking down and going to doctor. Don't think I need antibiotics.

Off to do something productive.

Stay safe all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,262 Member
    Options
    This morning dawned frosty and beautiful. Blue, blue, blue. :D I decided to walk along the seafront, as I don't like to run on two consecutive days. I asked DH if he fancied accompanying me. He said yes. :D
    Lovely walk together. I managed to talk, in general terms, about the excellent book I am reading which is about Alzheimers and assisted suicide and he didn't freak out. Actually was interested. I'm still hoping to get him to do the POA, but baby steps.
    We stopped at the outrageously expensive bakers and bought four spinach and ricotta pies for the freezer. Then at the deli, where we bought veggies so he can make his signature chicken stew tomorrow. 😋
    Came home to exercise machines and now I have a cup of coffee DH made.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,732 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Im up and awake and going to make myself a cup of tea
    Then hop in the shower..and feed Alfie.. im a tad nervous about going to this baby shower but ill bring a mask and if i feel the need to will wear it..
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Our daughter has been visiting and will be flying back home tomorrow. She plans to come back with our granddaughter in about 3 weeks. DH & I are looking forward to having them both here.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,262 Member
    Options
    Lisa - oh oh oh! HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂 🥳 🎉 🎈 🎁 🎊
    XOXO XXXXXXXX

My friend L texted me this morning, thanking me for my chat yesterday. She wanted to share this article in case I knew anyone it might help. I hope it helps someone on here. <3

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/widows-walk/202204/the-nonnegotiable-sadness-grief

Love you lots, Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,065 Member
    Options
    Lisa happy birthday!

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    Options
    DST has ended.
    The great darkness has begun.
    It was cold and dark an hour earlier tonight.
    Thankfully, I work from home this week.
    Working from home means I get to see daylight!

Machka in Oz
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    gecvsrv4h3rj.png
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,423 Member
    Options
    Love this, Carol! Thank you so much.
    1948CWB wrote: »
    gecvsrv4h3rj.png

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,732 Member
    Options
    Happiest of Birthdays Lisa!!
    Well im freshly showered and dressed for the baby shower and have the present all set..
    Tom slept most of the day yesterday with Homer by his side,but the medicine that they have given Homer are upsetting his stomach so unfortunately I think and Tom is finally realizing that poor Homers days are coming to an end.. so after taking care of Miles i will either stay down with Homer or bring him to my place while they are at work until that time comes..
    I have already told them that wehn that time comes they can borrow Alfie anytime they need to
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Lisa!!

Terri ... thank you for the poem!

Barbara ... my knee is doing better, but I still won't take our dog on a leash or even play with him outside. Too easy to pull me off balance.

Lightly snowing this morning ... phlebtt!

Beth near Buffalo
  • Machka9
    Options
    rewx5yjfkqt0.png