Grocery shopping list

Options
What should I get from the store that's good for loosing weight? (Meats, fruits, veggies, whole grains,..etc) Mostly anything- I just need some stuff that will last a couple of weeks.

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    There are no specific foods that are "good for losing weight".

You lose weight when you eat fewer calories than you burn, so buy foods that you like and keep you within your calorie goal.

The things you mention are great...meats, fruits, veggies, grains...in whatever combination you like., but obviously you can go heavy on the veggies if you want high-volume and lower calories.
  • sarahan4
    sarahan4 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Food that you won't overeat.

Seriously. :)

YES!!!!! I SECOND THIS!!! :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,737 Member
    Options
    Yup. Foods you personally enjoy eating, find filling, can afford, and find practical to prepare/eat, and that add up to reasonable calories (and ideally reasonable nutrition as well, IMO).

For most of us, it takes some experimenting.

A thing that can work is to log how you eat now, and notice things that "cost" more calories than they seem worth to you. Then, reduce or eliminate those. At first, you can use those cuts to reach your calorie goal; once you're there, you may cut further to improve your satiation or nutrition, or just to get to an eating pattern that you personally find most tasty, satisfying and practical.

If that idea appeals to you - because it won't be perfect for everyone, nothing is! - there are more details here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

Weight loss can potentially be looked at as a project with an end date, but that has pitfalls. Long term weight management - staying at that healthy weight permanently, ideally - is more about finding enjoyable, satisfying eating and activity habits that we can continue more or less on autopilot forever, as real life gets complicated (because it will).

Best wishes!