Tracking Macros

Options
I'm 52. Doing fitness freestyle but like to track macros to get back that abs. Doing resistance training for many years. Incorporating the 10K steps a while back and using this app to get the caloric deficit. Interestingly, I have that deficit but not really losing the amount of fat as expected. Guess there is more than caloric deficit like sleep, stress etc. to it. The abs is slooowly appearing but hey, they say slow is good... Also started Ceylon cinnamon and cut down sugar/simple carbs.

Let's enjoy the journey together.
Tagged:

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,541 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that calorie estimates for weight loss are just that . . . estimates. The calculators (including MFP, and fitness trackers) just give us an estimate that's average for people similar to us, in ways the calculator/device knows about. Most people are close to average, a few are a bit off average (high or low), and a rare few can be surprisingly far from average (in either direction) for reasons that may not be obvious.

If you're not achieving the expected (sensibly moderate) weight loss rate at X calories, and you've been monitoring for at least 4-6 weeks to get a reasonable average trend, it can be fine to adjust intake.

That's all assuming accurate logging (not a criticism, it's a skill to be learned), reasonable compliance with the plan (cheat days can erase anticipated progress), etc.

Hang in there, this can work. Wishing you success!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    When my iniial results over the first few weeks didn't match expectations it was due to slightly inaccurate food and exercise logging.
    (Roughly 1,000cals a week divergence which was easy to correct / adjust.)

If you want help data and a timeline are needed, a diary set to public helps enormously to spot problems.