Just had the most awkward moment at a gym in my life

Options
RBurnham90
RBurnham90 Posts: 202 Member
I just got done working out at 24 Hour Fitness Long Beach (Long Beach is heavily populated with gay people)

Was in the locker room changing and had my shirt off, looked over and some creepy guy in his 40s or 50s was staring right at me. I looked back a few seconds later and saw him still looking at me discretely. I assumed he was gay and it went on the entire time and I stopped changing and put my shirt on and just looked at my phone until he left because it was way too *kitten* uncomfortable.

After walking out of the locker room, I looked over to the end of the gym and this guy is still fixated on me as I'm walking out while he's sitting on a machine. Creeped me the phuck out. I don't have a problem with gays but there's nothing more uncomfortable when they look at you while changing in the locker room.

Replies

• CycleGuy9000
    Options
    I just got done working out at 24 Hour Fitness Long Beach (Long Beach is heavily populated with gay people)

Was in the locker room changing and had my shirt off, looked over and some creepy guy in his 40s or 50s was staring right at me. I looked back a few seconds later and saw him still looking at me discretely. I assumed he was gay and it went on the entire time and I stopped changing and put my shirt on and just looked at my phone until he left because it was way too *kitten* uncomfortable.

After walking out of the locker room, I looked over to the end of the gym and this guy is still fixated on me as I'm walking out while he's sitting on a machine. Creeped me the phuck out. I don't have a problem with gays but there's nothing more uncomfortable when they look at you while changing in the locker room.

family-guy-herbert.gif
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    confusedgus_zps03b58841.gif
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Just whip it out and wave it at him.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    So why didn't you say something? I woulda been like "Hi, can I help you?"
    Also, how do you know he's gay? Maybe he wanted to look swole and wanted advice. Or maybe he was a Herbalife salesman.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Long Beach, LI? Lived there almost my whole life... never heard of it referred to as a "gay community"
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Long Beach, LI? Lived there almost my whole life... never heard of it referred to as a "gay community"

Long Beach, CA.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Also, how do you know he's gay? Maybe he wanted to look swole and wanted advice. Or maybe he was a Herbalife salesman.

Well he was looking at the OP so obviously he had to be gay.
  • RBurnham90
    Options

If he wasn't I would have figured he would have said something to me or not stared for so long
  • RBurnham90
    Options

I've been lifting at public gyms for about 7 years now so I can confirm he wasn't just "looking at me"
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Ok seriously, you acted like a beta.

Next time alpha the eff out of the situation and introduce yourself. Have a little fun.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    He was probably just mirin' brah
  • CycleGuy9000
    Options
    confusedgus_zps03b58841.gif
    tumblr_ln9g4rWf1k1qztit6.gif
  • retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    How can you be so sure he was gay? Maybe he's just bi

LOL
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I hate it when creepy old guys stare at me. :tongue:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

I've been lifting at public gyms for about 7 years now so I can confirm he wasn't just "looking at me"

Take it as a compliment?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    \

Or slap him in the face with it :laugh:
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    How can you be so sure he was gay? Maybe he's just bi

LOL

Bi only works for chicks, as a dude, once you swing that way the deal's done.

OP, next time tell him the show ain't free, give your shorts a little pull and tell him to start stuffing dollar bills, he'll either leave you alone or pay you for the awkwardness.

Rigger
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Oh boy; I love awkward gym situations! :laugh:

I was once lifting and strained a bit harder than I should've and let one 'go' by accident. All the boys casually shuffled out of the room :embarassed: And then the cute physiotherapist guy saw me staring at him.

Whooooops. Wasn't supposed to make it that obvious, was I? :noway:
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hope you can get over the phobia.
This discussion has been closed.