Losing too much weight, want to get back to my old body

Options
Okay, so I've (19F) been losing a lot of weight recently. I got down to a healthy weight for my size. Only problem is, I kept going.

Now, while technically at the smaller end of a healthy weight, I'm getting freezing cold really quickly to the point where blankets barely help and started getting intense cravings, (which has never happened before) especially for sweet foods.

Also, recently tried jammy Dodgers for the first time and it set off some INTENSE cravings... Loved them, but I'm never having them again. The intensity of those cravings sent me insane. All i could think about was food for days.

Also, it's the week before my period and I'm getting intense cramps, worse than I've ever had before. I mostly put that up to my first time having alcohol (I'm from UK) on Friday though.

I currently live with my grandparents and eat everything that they eat. My nan gives me and grandad the same portion sizes and then she has a smaller portion (doctor's orders) but I'm still left hungry after dinners. I daren't ask for more, because there is no more. She's been complaining that I eat too much already and that food shopping is getting harder because of my allergies (milk & yeast) which is fair and I don't want to be a burden on her.

Any suggestions for dealing with this? (Other than gaining weight, I know I have to do that, I'm more asking how to do that)

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    How about some calorie dense snacks you can keep in your room?

Can you eat peanut butter, nuts, or seeds, for example? Or beverages, even non-dairy meal replacement shakes?

Both cold and extreme cravings can be symptoms of restricting too hard or for too long, and some refeeding or gradual, managed weight regain may help.
  • I2k4
    I2k4 Posts: 180 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    I'm far from a dietitician but sounds like your Nan has professional guidance that might help you and convince her, too. Dairy and other food intolerance is tough. I suspect too many people associate calorie increase with carbohydrates, where the easiest and healthiest thing (depending again on tolerance) might be healthy fats e.g. from fish, eggs or vegetable oil - a gram of olive oil has twice the calories of a gram of carbs and great benefits for gut health and skin. One tablespoon on salad or in a sauce is instantly over 100 calories of pure goodness.

Setting the MFP diary to display and calculate macros can allocate fat, protein and carb to achieve the wanted calories in a smart and healthy way.