New to the site, joined after seeing it in many Google searches

Options
eleng0413
eleng0413 Posts: 14 Member
edited April 2022 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone,

I'm a 29 year old lady native and current resident of Los Angeles. This site always came up on my Google searches, and I figured I'd finally join.

I started my weight loss journey back in 2018. I weighed 220 lbs at 5'6". Back then, I ate whatever I wanted and had restaurant foods almost every single meal. Unfortunately, it was the highest I'd ever weighed. I started working with a nutritionist, walked two hours every single day, and started a low carb diet (only one cheat meal and two portions of desserts allowed a week). By 2020, I was down to just 140! I was able to reach my goal of 135 and maintained that for a while.

This backfired though, because I started feeling cold all the time even in 95-degree heat and while wearing several sweaters. I began eating carbs in small portions and craved stuff like cereals and ice cream. I went down to an hour of walking five days a week. So now I weigh 149. I'm trying to get down to 130 again.

I would say that cravings are my biggest issue. While I was dieting, it was too hard not to be able to eat sweets and carbs. Once I started indulging in some again (although very small portions), a few pounds came back.

I've also looked into weight lifting and do it about three times a week. I started showing symptoms of overtraining the past week or so. My feet hurt, I have decreased appetite, and I saw a podiatrist who suggested I take a couple weeks off.

If anyone has any comments or tips I'd love to know!