Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

300+ Woman trying this all over again

Hello! I have struggled with my weight all my life. I was an average size toddler but quickly grew overweight as a child and then into a teenager. Topping at 315 I luckily was introduced to jazz exercise as a freshman in high school and fell in love with it. By middle of my sophomore year I was down to 210 lbs. It did not stop there though, I continued my journey and dropped down to 160 in my late teens early 20's. Unfortunately I did do it so healthy, I struggled with bulimia and over exercising the whole time. I would work out twice a day 7 days a week and run 3 miles 6 days of the week. When I burnt myself out I quickly began to gain it all back. Fast forward 10 years later and here I am again 320+ lbs and starting again from negative square 1. This time I am determined to do it right and using healthy methods. It has been 2 months and have dropped 15lbs and still trying to get right was it best for me. I have sought out some help with meals and work outs but would love the help and support from others. Last time I did it alone hiding my nasty habits and this time I am ready to be open with how I will accomplish my goal of 190lbs. If anyone can help a fat girl out? lol I will always be open to comments and suggestions. And most importantly if there is anyone struggling with anything I went through I may not be a professional but I am here if anyone needs to chat. :)

Replies

• MzLeeLee22
    MzLeeLee22 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello Beautiful,
    First let me start off by saying you are not "a fat girl" we find comfort in calling ourselves fat or big and "LOL" at the same time. truth is we have an addiction and it is just as real as any other addition. I am currently in a program to lose weight and unfortunately I am going through the Bariatric Weight Loss Program in my state (Maryland) and its a 6 month journey to get to the surgery along with things I am required to do. I am not saying that you should do the same, but losing weight is neve easy. One day at a time just like any other addiction right. Just like AA, NA, Al Anon right ... So why should this be any different?? So I want to encourage you to stay positive and create a support system for yourself. If you have Facebook look on there for other people in your situation or join groups for weight loss support. I know i don't know you from a can of paint, but I am going through this with you. Take Care and I wish you the most success. REMEMBER WEIGHT LOSS IS NOT A RACE!! you did not get that way overnight, so you cant expect it to go away over night. Water and exercise is your friend.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 1,003 Member
    If you have concerns your ED may crop back up, please consider connecting with a therapist now, who specializes in eating disorders. The therapist can specifically help you with developing coping skills for your ED as well as work with you on any other potential weight loss obstacles.