Unable to Create New, Edit Existing Foods/Meals/Recipes, Quick Add, Sync, and/or Login - Resolved

Answers

• louieanddan
    louieanddan Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2022
    i am having the exact same issue. Last 2 days have been unable to input new recipes.
  • Spiral08
    Spiral08 Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2022
    Its been totallly fubar for a few days now. Major sync issues between the app and the website. Up to yesterday fitbit was syncing to the website but not the app. Now the website doesn't seem to be working either. Think there is a major issue which is unlikely to have a quick fix. Very unpremium service
  • crabduck
    crabduck Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2022
    I had an issue where the App running on my Android phone stopped tracking steps & exercises through my Fitbit. I followed the advice and disconnected the FitBit app, uninstalled the MFP app and then reinstalled the MFP app and reconnected the service.

The issue I have is that it still doesn't connect to Fitbit, plus it now thinks I have changed gender, and weight and I was born in the year 3880.

When I re-enter my details it has reset my calorie goals to 13,528 calories per day, it won't let me reset the DOB as this just crashes the mobile MFP app and all the previous data I did have (recipes, meals etc.) have all been lost on the mobile app - they are available on the web but won't sync to the MFP app.

Help anyone?
  • kfmangels
    kfmangels Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited April 2022
    It's weird because it will sync water and calories to Fitbit, but won't sync steps from Fitbit to MFP. It's still happening for me too.
  • HikingRN
    HikingRN Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2022
    Yes, mine stopped syncing yesterday. I tried unlinking and reconnecting, but no luck. Hope it gets fixed soon!
    Hopefully they notify everyone when it's up and running
  • febbraror
    febbraror Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2022
    I’ve having the exact same issue since Saturday. Very frustrating!
  • JF940407
    JF940407 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2022
    Yes, stopped syncing around lunchtime yesterday. I deleted the app, disconnected it, nothing worked. Glad to see I’m not the only one that’s having the issue but I hope it gets fixed soon.
  • jazzyinstructor
    jazzyinstructor Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2022
    yes i’m having the same issue. there was some discussion this weekend about issues with food syncing and not being able to save recipes, etc. that article talked about issues with a database and a migration happening over the weekend…i wonder if that inadvertently affected the exercise sync as well
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    edited April 2022
    I'm guessing that since the recipe/meal/food issue affects everyone, that our Fitbit sync issue is a much lower priority. Hopefully once that one is fixed, the team will have time to fix this.

Hang in there Fitbit users! Hopefully you can guesstimate your calorie burn based on history and what the Fitbit app says*. Try not to undereat too much (which I've definitely struggled with during the many times in the past 3 years when the MFP - Fitbit link has gone down.)

* For me, at least, Fitbit gives a lower number than MFP.
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    febbraror wrote: »
    I’ve having the exact same issue since Saturday. Very frustrating!

This is the only way I can leave a comment.
    13:00 BST and its still not fixed - can admin advise on possible fix?
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    OMG y’all are so funny! Posting the same sentiments like the world is ending. The mods are posting daily updates, the tech team is working over the weekend, to fix the free app that you might be choosing to pay “premium” to get ad-free.

Get your undies out of a bundle and settle down, lol! You’ll have high blood pressure on top of everything else if you don’t. The world won’t end if you have to track with a pen and paper for a day or two. Take an extra walk and figure it out.
  • Jmbonelli
    Jmbonelli Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2022
    I just had to upgrade my Fitbit to a versa 3 with Fitbit premium. I am not able to send data to MyFitnessPal on exercise. It’s connected and when I enter to MyFitnessPal, it does send to Fitbit app.
  • FinMcK
    FinMcK Posts: 23 Member
    edited April 2022
    A few days ago my iPhone app wouldn't allow me to create a recipe. Then, it wouldn't allow me to open the app at all. Login attempt sent me to the website (impossible to read on my iPhone 8) then subsequent login attempts failed. Password change seemed successful, but app wouldn't recognize login info. Company is apparently "aware of the situation." I guess it's back to the laptop for now. Dang, I sure liked the convenience of the phone app.
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    edited April 2022
    Mine stopped syncing with FitBit about mid-day on Saturday. Hope they get it fixed soon. I also noticed that the MFP app diary entry doesn't seem to be syncing with the MFP website entry. I've been able to enter all my food in the MFP app, but it's not showing up on the MFP website since breakfast on Saturday.
  • imaxw
    imaxw Posts: 2 Member
    Some young coder at MFP just learned why you don't push changes to production on Friday afternoon.
  • kawebb2972
    kawebb2972 Posts: 1 Member
    Every time I open the app on my iPhone, it looks like it should be on my laptop. What happened to the app version
  • ichiroutakashimakun
    ichiroutakashimakun Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2022
    What exactly is going on with MyFitnessPal lately?

I have been experiencing issues for the past few days.
    • Issues like, cannot add a new recipe. It says failed.
    • Issues like, Unable to save recipe. Try again later.
    • Issues like, Cannot copy recipe. Try again later.

Seriously, what is wrong with this app? I have tried both mobile and pc platforms, they don't work.
  • It seems like I'm not the only one experiencing such issues. This issue has been happening for a few days to a week already. It's very annoying.
  • purdynerdybirdy
    purdynerdybirdy Posts: 20 Member
    edited April 2022
    I'm having the same issue. It started yesterday. The food syncs (MFP to Fitbit) but the steps/calorie adjustment didn't.

I contacted support and was told to reach out to the developer of the fitbit app.
This discussion has been closed.