Tonight, There is Football That Counts on Television

Options
124»

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    It'll probably be a blowout, but what a good game to open the season on.

? There's a handful of games tonight.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    It'll probably be a blowout, but what a good game to open the season on.

? There's a handful of games tonight.

Yea, I just assume everyone was talking about the one that actually might have some bearing on the season. NC/SC.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    OK. Call me STUPID!!! What am I missing? I thought that the season opens on 5 Sep (NEXT Thursday!).

College ball >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NFL

lol no.

college football is fun but it doesnt hold a candle to the NFL.
  • gsmithnp
    gsmithnp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Football is life. The rest is just details.

I like football at any level, but pro is my FAVE!! I have counted the days to training camps, OTAs, and preseason since the end of LAST season.

And while the preseason schedule doesn't affect team standings, IMO anything that involve players smashing into one another and risking/getting injured counts, as it does affect the rest of the season.

GO BRONCOS!!! (And get that Flacco banner OFF OUR STADIUM!!!)
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    Football is life. The rest is just details.

I like football at any level, but pro is my FAVE!! I have counted the days to training camps, OTAs, and preseason since the end of LAST season.

And while the preseason schedule doesn't affect team standings, IMO anything that involve players smashing into one another and risking/getting injured counts, as it does affect the rest of the season.

GO BRONCOS!!! (And get that Flacco banner OFF OUR STADIUM!!!)

that banner is a disgrace. i doubt the NFL would try that with a team in a large media market.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Yeah I can't believe they did that. If they had put a Matt Ryan banner on the Superdome, it would have been burned in the middle of Poydras Street after being dragged down and *kitten* on.
  • sixout
    Options
    As far as I see it, the Ravens beat the Broncos last year. Flacco earned that banner. Because he's the most charismatic QB in the NFL.

Also, I'm mad that the Broncos have such a good team.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    As far as I see it, the Ravens beat the Broncos last year. Flacco earned that banner. Because he's the most charismatic QB in the NFL.

lol@most charismatic. :)
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

craft_rg3_post.jpg
  • sixout
    Options

craft_rg3_post.jpg

joe-flacco-fu-manchu.jpg

This is the face of a man that knows how to party.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Ravens V Broncos? Not sure that counts as REAL football... :laugh:

DA BEARS!!!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule

Nope, no Boise State on there, either. LOL
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    College Football!!!!!!
    Go SEC!!!!

WOOT!

North Carolina at No. 6 South Carolina

Ole Miss at Vanderbilt

to open the SEC season!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Eh, sorry but meaningful FOOTBALL was last night when Celtic won 3-0 having been 2-0 down in first-leg to get into the Champions League.
    Oh, and Tottenham are playing tonight..... LOL.

That **** is called soccer, Little girls play it here.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWAUqpYreL8ShEX8TDhpQrdWXAxVbFBwoADKnjceYgKJ-d5ZU_Rw

'Soccer' is called football in most parts of the world. American football is what you all seem to be talking about here, and that's fine. But it kills me how ignorant you are.

lol. soccer. look, i'm from spain, where there is real soccer. and it has it's exciting moments.

but yesterday i was watching the supercopa, between atletico de madrid and Barcelona. and it ended in a tie. and barcelona won!! why?? because in the previous game, barcelona scored a goal and since it was away, it counts as two points.

eff that. i want playoffs.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    Eh, sorry but meaningful FOOTBALL was last night when Celtic won 3-0 having been 2-0 down in first-leg to get into the Champions League.
    Oh, and Tottenham are playing tonight..... LOL.

That **** is called soccer, Little girls play it here.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWAUqpYreL8ShEX8TDhpQrdWXAxVbFBwoADKnjceYgKJ-d5ZU_Rw

'Soccer' is called football in most parts of the world. American football is what you all seem to be talking about here, and that's fine. But it kills me how ignorant you are.

lol. soccer. look, i'm from spain, where there is real soccer. and it has it's exciting moments.

but yesterday i was watching the supercopa, between atletico de madrid and Barcelona. and it ended in a tie. and barcelona won!! why?? because in the previous game, barcelona scored a goal and since it was away, it counts as two points.

eff that. i want playoffs.

thats what the Champions League is for.
  • brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Incorrect.

First game that counts is next Thursday.
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Getting the Terrible Towel ready for the season. I wonder how many calories burn that is twirling it all game?

sir...I cannot tell if I like you or not until I know if you're blocking a 5.0 badge on the car in your avatar
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Yawn... wake me up when hockey season starts.