On a Weight Loss / Fitness Journey!

Hello from Malaysia! :)

Within the 5 years after I graduated from university, my weight jumped all the way from 48kg to my current 62kg weight. It was 65kg about 2 weeks ago, and I've got 3 kg down so far :)

A friend of mine recommended me to try using the food diary and logging some of my workouts, since I've never paid attention to calories and all that before.

I don't eat much (small appetite) but I guess my transition into adulthood (I'm 27 now) have slowed down my metabolism quite a bit, and the usage of hormone pills for about 4 years might've played a big part in the weight change as well, since I didn't have very big lifestyle changes between uni time and working life. ... Well, maybe the work-from-home era when COVID-19 first hit had some impact too.

I'm on this app now to track the types of food I eat, the nutrients involved, and whether or not I'm working out enough for a calorie deficit which would hopefully lead to more weight loss.

Currently, my weight has been stagnant at about 62kg for a week or so, even though I've worked out to Promixx no equipment workout playlist on YouTube for about 1 hour each day. (Alternate between any combination of two items between 2x core, 2x arm, 2x legs, 2x full body each day).

Prior to trying this guy's videos, I also first conditioned my body a bit with the basics, and one time I was able to achieve 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, 100 hip thrusts, 50 push-ups, 3-5 minutes of plank, which I did in 10 sets and 10-20 reps for each item over 3 whole hours. I didn't really feel super sore the next day, so I thought maybe that didn't work for me and I've since then switched to something a little more tiring.

So far, although my weight has remained the same, I've noticed that I can do pistol squats and diamond push-ups (kneeling), and archer push-ups (also kneeling still) which was something I wasn't able to do anytime before I started my current workout streak. I'm getting a bit stronger, which is very motivating, but I'm also slightly frustrated that my weight hasn't really gone down since the initial 3kg drop.

If I had to skip a day for social reasons (Slightly early Mother's Day celebration just last Saturday!) then I would make sure to do double the next day, even if I have to divide my workout session into morning and evening.

My goal is to reach 58kg or less by the end of June (That's about 4kg loss in approx. 2 months!) and I'm hoping that this tracking, along with logging my workouts etc will help me see what works and what doesn't.

Just yesterday, I also decided to try a different arm workout video and suffice to say, my arms were so weak afters I barely had strength to hold my pen for drawing.

Still suffering from sore core and arms right now, but I'm aiming to get 2x legs and 2x arms done tonight after work!

Sorry for all the long text, but I just kinda want to share a bit about what I've been doing and I would absolutely love to hear about the things you guys have been doing if you're on a similar no-equipment / no-gym fitness or weight loss journey. Even playlists, videos or workout routines are good :)

Replies