Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.
Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Allow total macros consumed or macros left on diary overview

I'm using MFP to try to hit my protein goals each day, and stay within a calorie range. Rather than seeing an overview of my macros "left," counting down, I'd like to see a status of my macros consumed.

This would allow MFP to be less diet focused for individuals who are taking a more flexible approach. I'll also find myself allowing myself to eat more calories since I have some "left," even though I've fallen within my range goal.

I also feel this is more reflective of current nutrition advice/trends, which is focused more on hitting your nutrient needs than staying within a strict limit.
Tagged:
3 votes

Open for Voting · Last Updated

Replies

• Hudson
    Hudson Posts: 74 MFP Staff
    Hello! This is something that we hear a lot of and it actually was part of the consideration when designing the new dashboard we announced a while back. The Macro Focused nutrition card, which you can set from your Settings, will show both what's been logged as well as what's left to your goal. Let us know what you think in the main announcement thread.