Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Peloton vs. vibrating massager for cellulite

allother94
allother94 Posts: 588 Member
Wife was in bed tonight with a vibrating gun trying to remove cellulite. I mentioned the Peloton would be more effective at removing cellulite and she tried to convince me I’m wrong based on her internet research. Which do you think would be better?

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    I don't have an answer. I just can't believe I did a google search for " vibrating massage gun for cellulite".

And they exist.

:)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I don't think either one will do much for cellulite.

This.

I've never been overweight but I started noticing cellulite in my 30s. Now at age 58 with 10 years of weight lifting it's still there. In fact, it's more noticeable on my thigh when I flex my quad than unflexed.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,959 Member
    Did your wife buy the vibrator with her own money or did you give it to her as a gift?

Why would OP give it as a gift if they think they're not effective? "Hey, honey, here's this thing I think is a waste of time, space, and money, just to show how much I love you"
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Neither. Cellulite is genetic. I know very lean and fit women who have cellulite. One of my very good friends is a professional road cyclist...she has cellulite.
  • allother94
    edited May 2022
    Did your wife buy the vibrator with her own money or did you give it to her as a gift?

My wife and I discuss major purchases before we buy them. It keeps us out of debt and allows us to live a comfortable life.

However, I do often buy my wife gifts to show how much I love her. Sometimes those gifts are useless junk, but it’s the thought that counts. I often buy her flowers, which I know will die, but it is an expression of love. This is what a thoughtful and caring husband does…

She bought the vibrator herself, but that is not really relevant to this discussion.
  • allother94
    edited May 2022
    glassyo wrote: »

Why would OP give it as a gift if they think they're not effective? "Hey, honey, here's this thing I think is a waste of time, space, and money, just to show how much I love you"

It was a reference to another thread in the fitness section that the op started.

(It was actually kind of funny. :))

Yes. My wife told me she wanted a Peloton. Instead of just buying one, she discussed it with me. I bought it for her on her birthday. That makes me a sexist, inconsiderate pig…
  • RaquelFit2
    RaquelFit2 Posts: 208 Member
    edited May 2022

@Sinisterbarbie1 ...this is just too funny. 😀

Cellulite is something no woman wants and most women have. At 17, I started to see it and ever since I've been trying to get rid of it.

Dry brushing helps reduce the appearance of cellulite for a brief period of time. Losing weight reduces fat; therefore, you see less cellulite. Cardio dance is an excellent way to make legs look longer and leaner also reducing the look of cellulite. Weight training increases muscle mass and helps cellulite look less noticeable.

So, the Peloton, like cardio dance & weight training can help reduce the appearance of cellulite.
  • allother94
    RaquelFit2 wrote: »

@Sinisterbarbie1 ...this is just too funny. 😀.

Why do you find this funny?
  • RaquelFit2
    RaquelFit2 Posts: 208 Member
    allother94 wrote: »

@Sinisterbarbie1 ...this is just too funny. 😀.

Why do you find this funny?

Humor cannot always be explained. I do think it's sad that women have been conditioned into feeling ashamed of cellulite. We go to great lengths to get rid of it or hide something that is natural. But that is a bigger issue and one I do not wish to explore here.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,974 Member
    I don't think anything much gets rid of cellulite.

I think better to accept it is a natural harmless thing and do nothing.

Which I recognise is hypercritical of me since I go to great lengths to hide something else which is natural and harmless ( grey hair)
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    It's funny because it's a vibrator!!!
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,459 Member
    glassyo wrote: »

It was a reference to another thread in the fitness section that the op started.

(It was actually kind of funny. :))

@glassyo FWIW I thought it was a riot! Spit my coffee on my monitor! :D
  • allother94
    Must be a “girl power” thing…
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    allother94 wrote: »
    Must be a “girl power” thing…
    See, now you are getting the hang of it

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,486 Member
    You CAN'T remove cellulite (unless through surgery). You can lessen appearance by losing bodyfat. That has more to do with diet than anything else.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    You CAN'T remove cellulite (unless through surgery). You can lessen appearance by losing bodyfat. That has more to do with diet than anything else.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

@Sinisterbarbie1 ...this is just too funny. 😀

Cellulite is something no woman wants and most women have. At 17, I started to see it and ever since I've been trying to get rid of it.

Dry brushing helps reduce the appearance of cellulite for a brief period of time. Losing weight reduces fat; therefore, you see less cellulite. Cardio dance is an excellent way to make legs look longer and leaner also reducing the look of cellulite. Weight training increases muscle mass and helps cellulite look less noticeable.

So, the Peloton, like cardio dance & weight training can help reduce the appearance of cellulite.

While admitting that I may be deluded/delusional, I don't think any of the bolded are universally true. i think this is one of those "different people are different" things.

Some elite athletes have noticeable cellulite, despite good muscularity, lower than average body fat. Some obese people have smoothness, get those dimples with fat loss.

What I wish is that women could learn to appreciate the bodies they have, for what those bodies can do . . . and worry less about how the body looks, especially how it looks to other people.