Getting started and staying on plan, any advice or help appreciated!

Options
Hello everyone!

This must be my millionth time attempting weight loss haha but I did successfully lose around 3 stone at the beginning of 2017 then became pregnant and had a wonderful child.

Since then, I remained the same for years and enjoyed bouts of cycling and weight lifting, until the dreaded lockdown and in the last 2 years I’ve shot up 4 stone (56lbs).

I do have disordered eating and have done since my teens, it’s now a binging issue especially related to emotional things and boredom.

Anyone who has any advice relating to eating, exercise, routines would be immensely appreciated.

It is at the point now where I am struggling to do things and I want to be better for my child and myself as I’m still young, overall I’ve got about 100lb to lose which would put me in the middle of the BMI and in a healthy range.

Also if anyone wants to get in touch and go on the journey together then I’m up for it!!

Replies

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Start by making small changes to how you eat. Do you drink soda? Switch to diet. Alot of people are able to start losing just by doing that. Do you snack at night while watching TV? Have popcorn instead of chips (just limit the butter you put on it)
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Hi @samanthag0412 , our group, WE ARE THE WARRIORS, might suit you. We have weekly weigh-ins, daily challenges and step count challenges. You only need to account for your own personal challenges but can join in the other set ones to gain for-fun-points each week. Some of us are chatty, some just post their weight or steps, whatever suits you is fine :) We'd love you to pop over and help if we can. We've had some big changes recently and are building the group up again. Don't forget to bookmark the chat threads.
    Here are the LINKS:
    May Chat 'n' Challenge Thread
    Step Count Challenge Thread