1200 Calories A Day??????

Options
13»

Replies

• perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    If you are as serious as you say you are you will track your calories, but it requires discipline for a little while once you are used to it it is easy and becomes second nature. I did just fine at 1200 but I ate my exercise calories back getting me around 1700 to 1900 and I was not hungry. You can get proper nutrition you just have to make smart choices. Good luck on what ever you decide to do.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Do it one out of two ways:

1. Follow MFP, double check that you haven't selected to lose 2 lbs per week. If you have...change it to one lb a week. Then eat back exercise calories.

2. Find your TDEE/BMR, create your own defict (usually between -10% and -20%) and eat to that number, and don't eat back exercise calories.

Which ever works for you.
  • RosannaElizabethL
    RosannaElizabethL Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1200 calories a day and don't find it too difficult. I try to have 4 200 calorie meals/snacks in a day (breakfast, mid morning, lunch, mid afternoon) then have a 400 calorie dinner.

I never really feel hungry. I try to drink a lot of water. I also drink tea because the hot water fills your stomach and helps stop cravings.

My BMR is only around 1,400 calories a day. If I work out I log it and then eat the recalculated calorie amount.
  • tobiann63
    Options
    The main thing is just start tracking everything you eat. I just started again two days ago. The first day i did great then yeserday i decided i could have 2 mint cookies. The 2 cookies would have been 140 cal. But i decided i wanted to eat the entire bag.. lol so instead of blowing it the rest of the day i said "ok now just stick to it. So for dinner i had an entire cookie sheet filled with roasted veg. i was over in my points like 544 but guess what i so proud of myself for not just thinking ok just go eat any and everything and start all over tomorrow.
    Today i went shopping and to get my sweet tooth covered i bought sugar free jello 10 cal bagles that are only 80 cal. jello lemon pudding 60 cal, sugar free popsicles 10 cal, chicken noodle soup 70 cal ived tried many diets and the one thing they all suggest is eating a cup of soup before a meal it makes you not so hungry. Also in the health food section they have PB2 it's powered peanut butter you mix with water and it's very yummy. it's only 45 cal. for two tablespoons. i have ton of ideas so if you need more help just let me know. Tobi
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    In order to do #2 I would have to custom change my settings, right?