I need friends and companions for my weight loss journey (a lifelong dedication)

Options
Hi! My name is Jann Miko Ingel Rabago, I am currently a 20 year old, 2nd year college student in the Philippines. I have been wanting to get my momentum in improving my body, however, for the past year, I have technically lived a sedentary life after a hospitalizaton due to depression and anxiety. I have once been a moderately active individual before this event (running/jogging daily, occasional basketball practice, biking and cardio workouts + following mobility routines by Tom Merrick) and I am trying to get back to improving my physical fitness here and there. Since the hospitalization event, I have gained a large amount of weight of roughly 40-50lbs since my lowest weight this pandemic - leading to a final weight of around 170lbs-178lbs; bouncing in between almost every other day. Although, I was slowly improving my mobility and posture before the event, I get back to a worse state and have larger stomach this time - making it more hard for me to do my pevious routines and more strenous for me to do a session of cardio. I have recently trying to move to a house-gym workout strategy however due to college studies, I have prolonged my introduction to this. I am planning to slowly plan out my diet, as I will start learning how to cook my foods and meals starting this summer so I could my nutritional intake (both macros and micros) - I believe that diet is a larger factor in losing weight compared to exercise alone. I have also subscribed to Jeremy Ethier's Beginner Shred Program and thought that I would put my trust on this. I am a single child living in the same household as my parents and, as previously hinted, my parents cooked our food - I want to start taking the lead role in the kitchen. Anyway, my yearly goal is to hopefully and finally lose an authentic amount of weight as, as previously stated, my every day weight bounces around 5lbs each day. I am hoping and wishing that I could at least have minimal yet authentic progress as I have wanted to achieve my dream body, really (not planning to have an atheletic and objectively attractive - well, at least not yet, but I wanna have a body that I would have to enjoy life more with, instead of a big one that I honestly felt tired of moving around each day, and it makes me socially anxious even just invisibly showing it in public - both of which gives a small discomfort to me every day) - I believe that going back to my body before the hospitalization event is enough and will make me happy; better yet, it is my goal body to achieve!

I hope that I will find just one friend in this one... I have been hoping for a companion that will help me out to be accountable to my own body, really. Now, at the moment I have typed this message, I am having high hopes for a new beginning in a new chapter in ny life, really! I am hoping to at the very least, achieve my past body again.

Replies

• FunkmasterRex
    FunkmasterRex Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    M - you are a young dude with a long runway to change the things you need to in order to live your best life. Dream big and try not to get discouraged by life's setbacks. If you remain positive, your struggles will turn into life lessons that will make you stronger.
    You are 20 and these are very precious days at the peak of your youth. Make the best of it. No matter how hard I train or how well I eat I will never be 20 again. Embrace who you are now before it all passes you by in a funk of anxiety and depression.
    Wishing you all the best. :)