Workout Routine @ Planet Fitness

Options
2»

Replies

• LittleLulu13903
    Options
    I use only the machines because I really don't feel safe with the free weights. Though if you do use the machines at first and them go to the free weights you may have to go lighter. I am not looking to get extra bulky just to get a good muscle tone. When I lift I do what is called planking. For the first weight I do 15 reps. Then I add 5 pounds and do 12. Ten I add another 5 and do 10. Once that weight gets to be easy then I add more weight.
  • kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I have been at planet fitness for a long time because as you said it is close and affordable. I always do squats on the smith as they don't have dumbbells high enough....No it is not ideal, however it is what is available to me. I make sure I do stability exercises as well because the smith really does not make you use all the muscles you should for squats and don't think you can go to another gym and squat the same, I believe mine are artificially high because of the design.

I use a madcow 5x5 workout and add some extra's in. I almost never use their machines (other than the smith of course)...it is a good basic gym for the cost. I know there is a lot of hate for it, but when it is what you can do, it is what you can do...I have lost over 100 pounds going to the gym and love the people so I don't feel like changing at this point.

I usually don't do more than 20 - 30 min of cardio on lifting days. I try to do at least 60 min 2-3 times a week when I am not lifting