Hello! Looking for some motivational friends!

my names Alexis but j go by Lexi. i’m currently on a weight GAIN journey. i’m 106lbs now (5”2) and trying to get to about 115-120lbs so i can turn that fat into muscle around my thighs, butt, chest, and legs. surprise tho, i’m trying to keep my stomach slim and i don’t really know how to do this? i’m currently trying a high protein diet but i don’t have high hopes for it. anyone else have some ideas?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,784 Member
    You might get some good ideas from the recomposition thread here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat

Strictly defined, recomposition is about staying at constant weight, gradually increasing muscle while losing fat. However, the same basic process can be used with a small calorie surplus (maybe 250 or fewer extra calories/day) to gain weight slowly and ideally make most of that gain be muscle rather than fat, which maybe sounds like what you're looking for. (We don't literally turn fat into muscle - it's more that we can use body fat in some circumstances to fuel muscle gain . . . but since you feel like you're already thinner than you'd like, you might want to do the "small calorie surplus" approach rather than thinking of body fat as fuel for muscle mass gain.)

The basic elements are going to be a good progressive strength training program, faithfully performed; good overall nutrition (especially adequate protein, which it sounds like you're already practicing); maintenance or a small calorie surplus; then . . . patience. 😉

I think you can get more detailed tips in that thread, as a starting point.