Gaining vs Exercise

Options
13»

Replies

• bwright9752
    bwright9752 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    If you get to a point that you're having difficulties or significant discomfort due to the amount of food you have to eat then it makes sense to reduce activity to help remedy that.

The alternative would be to choose more calorie dense foods if the issue is food volume.

How much cardio are you doing?

typically one heavier cardio day, and if I do a second it's usually a bit lighter, but yeah I hear ya on food density, but when you're aiming for 4000 cal you just pretty much have to be eating all the time. lol

Ultimately you're going to have to balance out:

1) Your love for cardio.
    2) Your discomfort with the amount of calories you need to eat.
    3) Your stance on high calorie food choices, and I say this because if you're not opposed to pop tarts (as an example) they can really provide relief to people who can't stomach the food volume they need to bulk and this is especially true if you're one who only eats whole foods.

And you will need to balance those variables to end in a caloric surplus.

If it were me, I'd dump the heavy cardio day (or significantly reduce it) and consider a 4 day training split.

Fortunately I don't actually have much of a love for cardio, so that works out.

Then I'd do what Rock says and dump it. Maybe swap in 1 pop tart. Just one. Then you can come back and make a post that says

"Ok guys I'm sorry. I FINALLY see why you all talk about Pop Tarts, these things are amazing"

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

hahaha i've had plenty of pop tarts, and I'd agree with taunto that while they're tasty, they hardly qualify as "amazing"

however, ben+jerry's and the ****in' home made cookies I can get at the local bodega? dude. DUDE.

And one pop tart is only 200 cal, I'ma need way more than one.

70545-Jesse-Pinkman-what-gif-imgur-lWaL.gif
    Make a peanut butter sandwich out of poptarts - the jelly is already in the poptart, just put two poptarts together with peanut butter in between -mmmm really good and full of calories.

BTW - if you find you are spending too much on pop tarts try toaster tarts from Aldi, my kids like them better than real poptarts.
  • Jayfaber
    Jayfaber Posts: 1 Member
    Options
  • StrictlyPro
    Options
    eat some "chubby hubby"
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    eat some "chubby hubby"

i see what you did there.

however, "everything but the..." is kinda my fav
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    There are 2 solutions, both of which you stated in your original post.