easy clean desserts?

Options
What are some easy and clean desserts that require a microwave or no-baking? And dont say fruit or dark chocolate

Replies

• Butterflymomto2
    Butterflymomto2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    http://www.eatcleandiet.com/recipes.aspx#.Uh_H4uAULXk I have been looking at this website to research on some clean desserts. Check it out!
  • MiriCotton
    Options
    I've got quite a few ideas considering I'm a HUGE dessert person, I've got a sweet tooth to big for my mouth. Here's a few of my favorite;

SoDelicious coconut ice cream in either chocolate (not as healthy, but still good) or vanilla bean. There's no sugar (or artificial sweeteners) only agave. The vanilla one tastes like french vanilla ice cream!

I'm a big fan of mug cakes, made with either ground oats or whole wheat flour, especially with dark chocolate chips. I've also heard of "avocado pudding" which consists of half an avocado & cacao powder. I've heard it's good but avocado & chocolate? They just don't go to well together in my mind.

Also, I know you specifically said don't say fruit or dark chocolate, but what about the two combined? I usually peal a banana, cut into it following the curve (never cutting all the way through) and stuff it with dark chocolate then nuke it in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Delicious.

Last but not least, what about Annie's graham bunnies? They have an original flavor, chocolate flavor, and a chocolate chip flavor & are all organic and made with whole wheat & graham flour.

P.S; Have you ever tried pb & co's nut butters? They have flavors ranging from dark chocolate peanut butter (dark chocolate dreams) to cinnamon raisin ('cinnamon swirl' I believe). 'Dark Chocolate Dreams' tastes a bit like a reese's cup to me & there is no bitter dark chocolate after taste. Do note that they aren't the healthiest nut butters around, but way better than a chocolate bar.
  • spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Got a great clean dessert from a forum the other day.

1 egg
    1 scoop protein powder
    50 seconds in the microwave and voila, you have a protein muffin.

Tried it and was successful but left it in 60 seconds and it got really tall. No problem, just cut it in half and had 2 protein muffins :)
  • fitgirlforlife1
    Options
    thanks everyone for the delicious ideas!
  • buttshrink
    buttshrink Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My favorite mug cake:

2T wheat flour
    1t cocoa powder
    1/4t baking powder
    Pinch salt
    1 packet truvia
    2T milk
    3/4 T mashed banana

Mix dry ingredients in a mug and add wet. Nuke in microwave for about a minute. If you have the calories you can add a dollap of peanut butter to the top of the mixed batter and push down until just barely covered and then nuke. I like mine drissled with chocolate syrup and raspberries.
  • russellbrand69
    russellbrand69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I don't know exactly if this fits the definition of clean eating, but a very simple, delicious dessert is 50 grams of strawberries, sprinkled with like a quarter of a tablespoon of brown sugar, served in a little bowl with 20 grams of mascarpone cheese.
    It is unreal - so creamy. It tastes like a fabulous gateaux.
    My (not-watching-what-he-eats) partner was blown away by it.
    It is also very beautiful, which I find very important with dessert :)

50 grams of strawberries - 16 calories
    52 grams Mascarpone cheese - 75 calories
    Brown sugar - 15 calories
  • VeganCoco13
    Options
    2 Avocados blended up with 1 cup maple syrup, 1 tblspoon soy sauce (if you want the desert to be raw it needs to be that noma shiu or however you spell it!) and 1 balsamic vinegar (you can't taste them!), blend until smooth and then stir in 1/3 cup pure chocolate powder to make incredible chocolate pudding! About 5 servings worth :) Super clean and healthy and tastes so decadent!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,622 Member
    Options
    Zap a frozen banana and some frozen berries in the food processor. Very similar to ice cream. You can stir in some yoghurt too. It mostly takes of banana. Berries are there to improve the colour mainly.
  • Hannah_Hopes
    Hannah_Hopes Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Mug cakes are always good and you can make some that are low-cal and can use alternative sugar etc :smile:
  • ailbheoconnell
    ailbheoconnell Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    check out proteinpow's website, I have used lots of the brownie recipes on there. Also protein fluff is amazing. If you haven't made it you haven't lived, and it is incredibly filling. I find it hard to eat one portion and i am a greedy guts so that is saying something. takes only a few mins to make, just need a blender or beater
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    What about fruit mixed with dark chocolate?

In all seriousness, I usually do protein powder, a serving of frozen blueberries and a 1/4 cup of alm0nd milk, then blend the eff out of it with an immersion blender and it comes out about the consistency of a soft-serve. And then I'll add some cereal to it just for a little crunch (currently Cheerios because that's what's open, but I've done just about any of them).
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Avocado pudding! 2 banana, half an avocado, cocoa powder and maple syrup in a food processor
  • riascott
    riascott Posts: 17 Member
    Options

1 egg
    1 scoop protein powder

Tried it and was successful but left it in 60 seconds and it got really tall. No problem, just cut it in half and had 2 protein muffins :)

Wow! I cant wait to try these... do they taste like actual cake? Do you use just the egg white or the whole egg? and... is there any sort of eggie taste? I cant imagine what these taste like ... Im excited
  • ailbheoconnell
    ailbheoconnell Posts: 48 Member
    Options

1 egg
    1 scoop protein powder

Wow! I cant wait to try these... do they taste like actual cake? Do you use just the egg white or the whole egg? and... is there any sort of eggie taste? I cant imagine what these taste like ... Im excited

i've made them and they can be a dry and rubbery if you cook them all the way through. I just used egg white and whey protein powder I think. then i made one by heating it in the micro until it just started to swell up, a matter of seconds. that way the edges were cooked but the inside was gooey like a chocolate fondant. depending on your protein powder you may need to add some cocoa powder or extra sweetener or some other flavours. proteinpow.com has loads of low cal delicious muffins brownies and blondies. so tasty im drooling. much nicer than a protein shake that's gone in ten seconds.

no eggy taste by the way, if you leave out the yolk. you can actually buy cartons of pure egg white so you don't waste eggs
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Just get a dog. They will clean all the plates up for you and you will have no mess.

-doglickin_sfptrkss.gif
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake...........period..........that's all you need.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    What are some easy and clean desserts that require a microwave or no-baking? And dont say fruit or dark chocolate
    Well by definition, dessert is a sweet "course" eaten at the end of a meal and unless it's fruit, then a sweetener of some sort is added in which means it's processed in some way.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • russellbrand69
    russellbrand69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I don't know exactly if this fits the definition of clean eating, but a very simple, delicious dessert is 50 grams of strawberries, sprinkled with like a quarter of a tablespoon of brown sugar, served in a little bowl with 20 grams of mascarpone cheese.
    It is unreal - so creamy. It tastes like a fabulous gateaux.
    My (not-watching-what-he-eats) partner was blown away by it.
    It is also very beautiful, which I find very important with dessert :)

50 grams of strawberries - 16 calories
    52 grams Mascarpone cheese - 75 calories
    Brown sugar - 15 calories

I can't edit this post but I mean 20 grams Mascarpone cheese not 52 grams! Oops!

Please don't eat 50 grams of Mascarpone then blame me :)
  • fitgirlforlife1
    Options
    haha thats funny. this recipe sounds delicious but unfortunately i dont eat dairy. I should have specified oops
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I just made this today, and it turned out amazing. Pretty darn clean too. I replaced 1 of the 2 cups of whole wheat flour with 1 cup of oat flour as well. They came out moist, chocolatey, and the zucchini taste was nowhere to be found. I made 15 medium muffins and they are about 150 calories each, 20 grams of healthy complex carbs, and I think 4 grams of protien. I also used vanilla greek yogurt in place of plain yogurt.

http://triedandtasty.com/2013/08/healthy-chocolate-zucchini-muffins/