Why isn’t app syncing with Apple Fitness activity like walks, jogs, and Tonal workouts?

Options
rsnowden09
rsnowden09 Posts: 2 Member
MFP is not deducing calories from workouts and throwing off my daily totals. I’m doing a good deal of exercise lately, but it is not reflected in the daily math which adds up to my daily total.
Am tracking steps and Tonal workouts through Apple Fitness, which ties to Apple Health. All permissions have been granted for MFP to pull the data, but it doesn’t seem to work.
Am getting very frustrated and thinking about dropping MFP for something more seamlessly integrated with Tonal & Apple.

Best Answers

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,141 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It's a bug linked to the new version of the app. Some people find that consulting and refreshing the newsfeed helps push exercise through, as a workaround waiting for MFP to fix the issue. Many have the same issue.
  • Jean
    Jean Posts: 736 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options
    ​​Thanks for letting us know! We are aware of the problem regarding exercises and weight entries not syncing from Apple Health to MyFitnessPal, and are currently working on a resolution.

For now, what might help restore the sync is if you visit the "NewsFeed" section in the app.

If this does not help, please know we hope to have a fix in place as soon as possible. We will provide updates to the issue here: https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032625231-Known-Issues-Integration-Partners.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may cause until then. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Answers

• gerryd72
    gerryd72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have exactly the same issue. Seems to track steps from my Apple Watch but any workout is no longer tracked. It was working perfectly fine until recently.
  • rsnowden09
    rsnowden09 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for the replies. Very helpful.
    @Lietchi - do you know if a bug fix date has been released from MFP?
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,141 Member
    Options
    Not a clue really, but you can scroll down to Contact Us and see if the FAQ has been updated.
  • cbiggs1861
    cbiggs1861 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I’m having this problem as well. Tracks my steps but not my exercises. Has anyone figured out a solution?
  • GeeBe08
    GeeBe08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue, tracks steps from apple watch but no exercise from Nike app or Health shows. Very frustrating!!
  • iamstephsalazar
    iamstephsalazar Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @cbiggs1861 I have the same issue. Steps from Apple Health app are logged but not my exercises from Apple Health app, weird. Even doing a forced “sync” doesn’t work for me.
    Heard about the bug though and just have to wait for a fix on this.
    Annoying that I can’t see my totals conveniently as before.
    But for now I guess what we can do is manually enter an exercise based on how many calories (your heart rate monitor) tracked.
    I’m using Polar Beat to track my heart rate, I just have to add exercise on MFP such as “cardio”, find the appropriate exercise from the list and edit the time, duration and calories burned.
    Rather do this, than skip my progress because of a bug.
  • ceedig303
    ceedig303 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same problem here. Ever since the latest update, MFP on iOS no longer syncs with Apple Fitness, so I have been manually logging all of my exercise information (a walk, a bike ride, and strength training 7 days a week) manually. Not even bothering logging weight but maybe every few weeks.

I realize these are first world problems, but MFP just basically does not work on iPhone at this point and there needs to be a priority to fix this, because it is a big waste of time. I don't care about all the new whiz-bang dashboards and all that if the core functionality of the app does not work. I have put in a help desk ticket, which has so far been ignored.
  • ceedig303
    ceedig303 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I’m using Polar Beat to track my heart rate, I just have to add exercise on MFP such as “cardio”, find the appropriate exercise from the list and edit the time, duration and calories burned.
    Rather do this, than skip my progress because of a bug.

Same here. All of the other apps I use (Peloton, Polar Beat, Apple Health / Fitness, Renpho) are all communicating, but MFP is dead in the water. Have uninstalled / reinstalled, power cycled several times and the new app just does not work. Disappointing to say the least.
This discussion has been closed.