I'm 242 pounds and 5'7 tall, and I need to shed a lot of weight before August.

I've been doing calorie deficit for a week and have lost 1 or 2 pounds so far, but I need to lose more by August for a very crucial personal reason. Should I increase my cardio? Please provide ideas. Thank you ahead of time!

Replies

• FunkmasterRex
    FunkmasterRex Posts: 153 Member
    1. My barber used to have a sign that said "Lose weight, get a haircut." Getting a haircut will def lose you some weight. You can take that all the way down to bald.
    2. Eat fewer calories but not so much that you'll collapse between now and August.
    3. Exercise more but not so much that you'll become incapacitated in August.
    4. Cut off some part of your body. You'll lose more if you cut off a leg than an arm as legs tend to weigh more.
    Jokes aside, be safe and take care of yourself as you lose weight for your important personal event in August. Best to you and hope it all turns out well for you in August. :)
  • kenziestabes
    kenziestabes Posts: 338 Member
    Second what the first two have said. To be honest, although I don't know the crucial reason why you need to lose "a lot" of weight by August, trying to lose more than 10 pounds a month might not be a great idea. With the amount you still need to lose, you might be able to lose 10 pounds in the next 4 weeks safely, but that's with the understanding that one loses a lot of water weight when they first start working out and changing their diet. Don't forget to think beyond August as well!
  • sarazintom
    sarazintom Posts: 4 Member
    If you lose a pound a week, you'll be down to 192 by August, 2023 Safe, healthy, realistic and more apt to stay off.
  • sophieboase3
    sophieboase3 Posts: 3 Member
    If you over restrict yourself to lose weight for August there is likely to be rebound eating after this time leading to you gaining more weight than you lost.