New to MyFitnessPal

Options
Hello everyone! I am a 54 female and I started my weight loss journey in January 2022 after making the decision to have a much needed procedure that I have put off since being recommended in 2018(not related to bariatric), the procedure is scheduled for August of this year. Due to me being at my highest weight ever(326 lbs.), my age and other medical diagnosis such as Hypertension and Type 2 diabetes, my doctor recommended I lose as much as I can prior to my surgery to reduce the risks of me being under anesthesia for a couple of hours. I initially tried other calorie tracking Apps and online programs but found following a mostly Keto diet worked best for me as I dropped 25lbs. but then I began to plateau and yoyo' d between 301 and 308. Prior to signing up for MFP I was not active, I have a sedentary job mostly working from home and my weight made moving painful but after hitting a point that I felt like I needed to push through the pain or possibly not make it out of the surgery I chose to change my mindset and push through exercising. I signed up for MFP on Monday, 7/11, with a starting weight of 308 and am utilizing the basic app features with some beginners exercise routine and I have dropped 4lbs this week so far. My goal is reach as far below 300 lbs. prior to my procedure as I can but I find the last 5lbs to get to the first goal of 299 is the toughest. I am not one for putting myself out there like this but feel I need the support of others in similar situations/journeys and hope to find that here. Wishing everyone on their own journey the best of luck!!! One_Life67

Replies

• efishy
    efishy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,My name is Ellie. I hope your doing well on your weight loss journey, so far. I am 64. I believe my heaviest was at 311. I was alot younger, and healthy enough to be able to stand it. But as the years went by,I too developed type 2 diabetes, had my gull bladder removed, both my knees done, high blood pressure, and has had pancreatitis like 4 times, and I'm not a drinker, just a few times a year. I'm now like 243, and still have a way to go.
  • Logiegirl100
    Logiegirl100 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm newish, I've not used myfitnesspal for a while but Im back looking to introduce myself to like minded people