Not logging food when overeating?

Options
It's pretty terrifying how the numbers go red when you go over your recommended intake. I just find it too hard to admit that I overate. Anybody else here who does this?

Replies

• pearson114
    pearson114 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    What you eat in private, you wear in public :)
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    everyone has there bad days. Just log it, be honest and move on.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    It's pretty terrifying how the numbers go red when you go over your recommended intake. I just find it too hard to admit that I overate. Anybody else here who does this?

Nope. I log everything.
    It motivates me to do better next time.
  • mrshudson813
    mrshudson813 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You should log EVERYTHING, even if you go over by 1000 calories. When you are honest with yourself, you will learn to notice your eating habits and learn how to improve on them. If you are not honest with yourself, who can you be honest with? No one.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

yep!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    I log, even on my high cal days! those days can go upwards of 4000 cals... and I still log!
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Nope. I take pleasure in the red.
  • langurmonkey
    Options
    Log everything and try not to feel shame. Hard I know.
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    log it so you can know the damage. it will motivate you. Then get over it and get back to work.
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Don't fear the red. I know it's frustrating, especially if only a few cals over, but if you get hung up over numbers it'll mess with your mind.

See your daily goal as just that: a number to meet not a number to avoid.

I go into the red most days and have maintained a steady range I'm happy with for over a year.
  • paulyoung1703
    paulyoung1703 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Been 4k over before. Still log. Why not?

It's not what you do or don't log that has an effect; it's what you eat.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Agree with all the above.

You still ate it all. Does it matter if you log it? At least you'll know the reality of the situation and can fix it the next day.
  • vickyplum
    vickyplum Posts: 192 Member
    Options

yep!

Yeah I agree too
  • acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options

Nope. I log everything.
    It motivates me to do better next time.

Yep. Also, even if I go absolutely crazy sometimes the overall calories don't look as bad as they are in my head. For example, this Monday, I did really badly and logged almost 3000 calories. Yet by careful planning the rest of the week I'm still going to be under my weekly goal. It's just better to know where you're at imo.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    You should always log so you can analyze the trends over time. If you don't log honestly, you won't be able to look back and see what you did wrong if you hit a road block in your weight loss and need to adjust your program.
  • Mady1911
    Mady1911 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    If you don't admit by logging it doesn't mean they aren't there. You're lying to yourself!
  • xoTalim
    xoTalim Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You should log EVERYTHING, even if you go over by 1000 calories. When you are honest with yourself, you will learn to notice your eating habits and learn how to improve on them. If you are not honest with yourself, who can you be honest with? No one.
    This. I always log, whether I overeat or not. When I see those red numbers, it motivates me not to do it again. Of course, it does happen sometimes. But when it does, I'll make up for it.
  • Thinspirational_Me
    Options
    It hurts to do it, and its not nice to see a red number but you gotta log it. As others have said, you already ate it - not logging it doesn't make it go away. Be honest with yourself.

We all have red days, just accept it will happen, move on and make tomorrow better. You'll wake up in the morning with blank page and new daily allowance. Forget yesterday, put it behind you and focus on today. You didn't become overweight in one day - you won't get slim in one day either.
  • BlackPup
    BlackPup Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I sometimes give myself a break from logging. I try to eat much the same as when I am logging but occaisionally overeat. When I'm logging I log everything even if I go over.
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I am not ashamed, I am not ashamed. LOL

Seriously though, since I cal/carb cycle, there are days that I go way over, shamelessly. :)

So unless you are over eating more than 2 days a week, I wouldn't sweat it, at all.

Do log it though. ;)