Not logging food when overeating?

Options

Replies

• 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Guilty...once. And then I got disgusted with myself and stopped coming here for awhile. Now I'm logging every little thing.
  • TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I log everything, even the BAD days and when I see how many calories over I am in red, I just up my fitness for the next week to work them off. By doing this I don't feel guilty.

Its good to see the GOOD and BAD days so complete your diary every day - there's only you who can see it, I honestly find it helps when in the red because it shows you how easy it is to go over!

Good luck and stop being so hard on yourself.
  • Keefypoos
    Keefypoos Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    It's pretty terrifying how the numbers go red when you go over your recommended intake. I just find it too hard to admit that I overate. Anybody else here who does this?

isn't this how we all got fat in the first place?
  • laurenjanco
    Options
    Yess I feel embarrassed, I fear it. Particularly having binge eating disorder, if I binge I'm so ashamed to log it. Before I overeat sometimes ill log it first, and it helps me stop over eating
  • Crystaleyed
    Crystaleyed Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, I've been in the red far too many times this month and it can be really distressing. I do log when I overeat though, one, because you need to know when things go wrong so you can look back and see how you can improve and, two, because my diary's private I would only be lying to myself, which to me makes no sense. Everyone has bad days, if it was me I would just log :) tomorrow is a new day after all
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    It hurts to do it, and its not nice to see a red number but you gotta log it. As others have said, you already ate it - not logging it doesn't make it go away. Be honest with yourself.

We all have red days, just accept it will happen, move on and make tomorrow better. You'll wake up in the morning with blank page and new daily allowance. Forget yesterday, put it behind you and focus on today. You didn't become overweight in one day - you won't get slim in one day either.

Yep - you know you ate it so the only person you are trying to fool is yourself..... and if you are doing that, then that is the slippery slope to giving up.

One day of overeating isnt going to pile all the weight back on, but a few weeks of pretending you are doing good when you are over will start to reverse all the good you have done.

BTW - i need to take my own advice - sometimes I sit there looking at the screen knowing that the next thing I put in will turn those numbers red and I hate how it makes me feel ..... but so far I have put the stuff I stuffed in my mouth down. I know I ate it!!!
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    even if you're over one day - as long as you hit your weekly calories goal it won't negatively impact your weight loss. you don't gain fat in a matter of a few hours. if you're eating at 1200 calories, don't go lower the next day to hit your average. but if you eat above that. lower your daily the next day to average your goal.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Occasionally I have a day where I am eating way out of control and I just lose intrest in logging it all and give up. Very seldom, but sometimes it happens. For the most part on 99.9% of days try to log every bite and make my diary honest because I really need to see it. For me, having an inaccurate view of what I was actually eating was my problem to begin with. Don't do it for other people, do it so you can SEE what you ate. It's important. And everyone goes red sometimes. No big deal.
  • breezylee75
    breezylee75 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I try to log everything every day, but there are days I don't log. Those days aren't always days I go over, just take a break sometimes. I do find it hard to log on the days I do poorly, but I have gotten to the point that I force myself to log them anyway. I have to allow myself to be flawed, otherwise I am too hard on myself. :)
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Yup, admitting failure, especially publically, is hard.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Rather log it and SEE there is a problem than "pretend it didn't happen" and be back with jeans that don't do up!
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Yeah.... Caught myself cheating a little logging this morning. But this thread has inspired me to go and correct it. I should be logging even the bad days.
  • Mouseanonymous802
    Options
    When I binge I don't log it and go back and wipe my diary and put in my new weight as my starting weight :( shameful I know.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Nope, I log everything.

Pretending it didn't happen, or wanting to just see green numbers isn't going to fix the problem that brought you here in the first place. Be honest with yourself. Only then can you make the changes you want/need. If you have a "bad" day, just chalk it up to that and move on. No need to punish yourself. Weight loss isn't a race or contest. Just do better the next day and the next and the next, etc. You'll get to your goal eventually.
  • spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Yes it is scary but you have to he honest with yourself. I still log it but cringe. :)
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I really need to learn what costs me what so I log every.single.bite. Even if I only have that 1/6 garlic baguette and it takes me over it gets logged.

This way, if I don't see enough loss, I can re-evaluate the week or month and will know exactly where I went wrong. If my logs aren't honest I'll just be wondering how the hell it happened and may be more likely to give up.

I really rely on the graphs and statistics to see what I'm doing and what works and what doesn't.

Not logging is lying to yourself, and defeats the point of this app / website.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    just cheating yourself.
  • MeganMcK11
    MeganMcK11 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    As hard as it is to admit all those extra calories you took in, it only hurts YOU in the long run. I'm still learning that to be on the right track I've got to me honest with MYSELF first and foremost. Not logging what i eat only will hurt me in the long run. Nobody else.
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    If you're not going to log everything, don't log anything.
    There isn't any point in wasting your time.
  • 2dogzrule
    2dogzrule Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm always honest....it makes you think twice about what you put in your body and to not log it doesn't help matters.