How to make green tea drinkable!!!

Options
124»

Replies

• TraciWA
    TraciWA Posts: 18
    Options
    I don't know if this was suggested, but I buy Tazo Zen green tea. I love it. It never gets bitter and has a very smooth flavor. I let the tea bag hang out in my cup and never have a problem. I also never have to use sweetener in it. HTH!
  • enchantedgardener
    enchantedgardener Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of most plain green teas, but I love green tea with jasmine flowers. The jasmine adds a sweet, floral note without any added sugar. Delicious hot or ice cold.

White tea is also rich in polyphenols and ECGCs, so consider it as an alternative to green tea. It has a much milder flavour than green tea and is also associated with weight loss.

Genmaicha green tea is also lovely, but it may be a little 'strange' to someone just getting into green teas.
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I brew one green tea bag (steeped for less than 60 secs) and one fruity tea bag of my choice.
    I add 1 tsp of sugar (more if I'm feeling especially sweet toothy)

It's the ONLY way I can stomach green tea
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I can't relate. I love plain green tea.
  • serenere
    serenere Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    well...I would say, the only way to make green tea drinkable is drinking it. I would avoid the weird mixing, just drink plain green tea (you mustn't make the water boil). Like some vegetables that you didn't like before, green tea grows on you. Once you get used to the bitter taste, you cannot live without it. At least, that's my experience :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to add that we often use green tea to make sun tea. Put the bags in a glass jar, fill with water, then let it sit in the sun all day. Yum!
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    1. Aspartame is not the devil, unless you have a medical condition DIAGNOSED BY A DOCTOR that dictates you avoid it (my grandmother, for instance).
    2. If you don't like it, find something else! Tea is "good for you," yes, in an herbal sort of way, but many other things have benefits too.
    3. If you're still absolutely hell-bent on drinking green tea, try agave nectar. It's about the same sweetness as sugar but less "processed."

Honestly, everything we put into our bodies are molecular compounds that our body absorbs or rejects. You can't digest the skin on a corn kernel, but does that make it inedible? Our bodies are extremely efficient at weeding out "the bad stuff," but we need to find the balance ourselves for how hard we make it work with a calorie deficit.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I don't like tea. So far the only thing I've found that isn't too bad is herbal chai, but if you like the Lipton w/ citrus have you tried adding a bit of juice to your green tea? It might sweeten it up and give you a juicy blast.
  • DesDawn24
    DesDawn24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I personally love green tea, so I can drink any kind. However, my non-tea drinker friends have fallen in love with the Lipton flavoured green tea in the pyramid tea bags. They're not as bitter as regular green tea, and they smell amazing! My favourite is the Raspberry Passion. Higgins and Burke also makes an Exotic Fruit green tea that smells like banana bread and tastes almost as good :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    add vodka
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    add vodka

Didn't work for me. It just ruined the taste of the vodka.
  • paigebolling
    paigebolling Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the great info. I'm thinking I probably brewed it too long. I've not really had any experience brewing my own teas. The only reason I was trying to find a tea that I liked to drink is because I've finally weaned myself from Sprite Zero! I've been drowning myself in water but missed having something with a little flavor to it. So was hoping I could find something that I could drink with a little flavor that was also beneficial to my health in someway. Thanks again for all the great ideas. Will def try them.
  • RosannaElizabethL
    RosannaElizabethL Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    When I first had green tea I didn't like it. Now I love it and find it really refreshing. Add some honey or agave nectar to sweeten it, but be sure to log in the calories.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,370 Member
    Options
    Bump!!

Just brought me some green tea but still sitting in the cabinet. I will get there soon!