Hey ladies, do you eat 1600+ cals?

Options
I'm relatively new to MFP, but in my short time here I've really taken to heart the "eat more to weigh less" mentality. It may take me a bit longer to lose the weight (or not), but I know I'll be happier while I do it and, when I reach my goal, it'll be sustainable. And that is awesome.

I'd love to have some buds who:

1) Eat 1,600+ calories a day before exercise. (I'm usually at about 1,640 + some exercise calories. Don't have a HRM yet.)
2) Log everyday. I want to stalk food diaries for inspiration!
3) Comment! Let's provide some mutual motivation.

and;

4) Bonus if you have a decent amount of weight to lose (I have 75 lbs to go to my first goal), even better! It's so easy to fall into the 1,200-cal fast-track trap when you're looking at a year+ of doing it slow.

Looking forward to building new support!

Replies

• askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I'm supposed to be eating 1850 calories a day... I'm getting there about half the time, my days tend to be between 1300-1400.
  • FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1800 right now. Most days, I make it or get pretty close. And I'm healthier, stronger and more energetic than I've been in AGES! I love it! I log 99% of the time. That's the only way to go for me. I have over 100 lbs to lose, so I'm in this for the long haul. Send me a friend request if you like. :flowerforyou:
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1850 calories a day, and I've lost 16 pounds in the past 100 days. That feels slow to me, but actually works out to around 1 lb per week, which isn't really a slow rate at all. I used three different TDEE calculators (Scooby Workshop, IIFYM, and Fat2Fit) and took the average of the three TDEEs it gave me and then subtracted 20%. I exercise between 300-360 minutes per week at a relatively high intensity. Your activity level gets factored into the TDEE calculation, so that you don't eat exercise calories back in addition. And I eat a 40/30/30 split of carb/protein/fat (although I frequently go over on fat and under on the others courtesy of my peanut butter addiction).
  • JuliMagenta
    JuliMagenta Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I usually eat something around 1700 + exercise calories :) I want to lose 25-40lbs, so I still have a long journey in front of me.
    If you want to, feel free to add me =)
  • swingkid1975
    swingkid1975 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Check out the "Eat More to weigh less" group here on MFP. It's a great group.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Hey, 1,500-1,600, with workouts here and there!
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I eat 1600-1800 most days and my diary is open. Feel free to send a friend request!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1650 calories but don't always quite make it! I used to be of the eat 1200 calories mindset, but decided to up my calories after joining MFP and reading the forums.
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    My TDEE -20% actually tells me i should be eating around 2500 cals. Im 6'1" and need to lose 100 lbs. my MFP goal is 2175 by choice. i tend to stay between 1800-2000 most of the time .ive lost 3 lbs in the last week. I work out (weight lifting) 4 times a week and do hiking 2-7miles on saturdays. i try to throw some light cardio in there 2 nights a week on my Wii or at the gym. I just started so im learning how my body reacts and how its adjusting to the fitness. its tough! but log everything even if you go over! :) Good Luck

Oh and I should point out, i rarely eat my calories back. :)
  • DanaHerro
    DanaHerro Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I eat TDEE minus 20% and have been for the last 6 months. I'm down 50 lbs :)
    Right now I have my calories set to 1725 but I will admit that many days I only eat 1300-1400.
    The reason is because every weekend I have a huge cheat meal or even day that I don't ever bother logging ;)
    It all averages out to be around 1700-1800/day for me for the entire week when I factor in my cheat on the weekends!
    When I first started I ate closer to 1900-2000/day
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I usually eat around 1500-1700 calories, depending on if I workout that day or not. If it is a rest day I stick close to 1500. Workout days it depends on how far or how long I run for. On long run days it can get close to 2000 calories if I go long enough.
  • stackhead
    stackhead Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Check to all 4 requirements. 1900 a day :)

Friend request sent :)
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    1990 per day, workout 3-4 days a week, log daily (just hit 230 today), open diary (altho some days aren't as good as others. Don't judge me - it's working, LOL...)
  • Lunarbeanie
    Lunarbeanie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm currently eating approx 1800, I was eating 2200 and not losing.

I have about 110ish pounds left to lose.
    My diary is open.
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    My cal intake per day is about 1700 (calculated by the TDEE method, workouts 3 times a week taken into the equation).

The actual amount I eat per day differs however - I'm under majority of the day (weekends I go over by a hundred or so more than I'd like to) but sometimes I only eat about 1400-1500 in a day. Depends on what I'm eating and what I'm doing!

I was eating at about 1600 a few weeks ago with exercise and dropped half of the weight I wanted in no time! I don't know if that was because of the extra exercise I was doing, or if it was because I was again eating closer to 1400 - 1500 regardless of my daily cal intake goal.

I guess I'm lucky in the way that I only had about 30 pounds to lose (lost about 10 before I started MFP) so I don't have a lot left to go, but I have an open diary and I try to be as interactive as possible on here if you're looking for a friend! :smile:
  • gringuitica
    gringuitica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    So glad to see so many of us! And after reading a bit through the EM2WL group, I just upped my daily cals to 1,760 (+ exercise). This is great!
  • sandrop329
    sandrop329 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey! Sending you a friend request! I eat between 1650-1850 cals/day, workout 4-5 days/week, and log my food daily!
  • missdani711
    missdani711 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent :)
  • KatAdele
    KatAdele Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1800 and 2000, exercise 6 days a week, and log every day. I don't log exercise all the time though because I am doing TDEE-20% right now. I still have about 45 lbs to go.
  • danigirl258
    danigirl258 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I target 1650 a day which is my TDEE - 15% (with three days of exercise). If I exercise an extra day, I'll add ~100 cals to that day, so my typical range is 1650-1800.

Feel free to add me! :)