Hey ladies, do you eat 1600+ cals?

Options

Replies

• gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1500-1600 before exercise. After, usually 1700-1800. Sometimes a little more or less depending on how hungry I get. I did the 1200 + exercise calories for a while when I first joined. I was so hungry and tired. I feel really good now.

I am trying to look at it in terms of a weekly goal, so I don't feel guilty about going over on one day. Especially since I am under some days also.
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I eat 1640 every day too. I have lost 20 lbs, I still need to lose about 65 lbs. I log every single day. Feel free to add me
  • lismcm
    lismcm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1800 a day. I eat back all of my excercise calories and have lost 17 pounds since May 1st. I am 67 inches tall.
    SW: 179,CW 162,GW 145......slow and steady and I feel great!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    My daily goal before exercise is 1650, and I usually hit that. I only have another +/- 22 pounds to lose, so I am on a super-slow track.
  • knitbytes
    knitbytes Posts: 114
    Options
    I eat about 1900 cal/day and I'm always happy to have more EM2WL friends!
  • smithed812
    smithed812 Posts: 289
    Options
    I'd like some friends who eat a lot... I aim to eat about 2300 a day (some days I just can't) because my average TDEE is about 2800. I eat more than every single person on my friends list and I feel like nobody likes to comment on my food diaries anymore because they think I'm binge eating or something, haha. (It doesn't help that I'm short and people always think shorties need to eat 1200 or less).

So anyone who eats a lot, add me!
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am close to 1,500 + most of my exercise calories. I'm not very tall so for me that is TDEE at sedentary minus 20%

I feel a lot stronger and more energetic for my running than I did eating less! And, honestly, I enjoy the room to have a drink or some dessert if I want it ;)
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1600 daily. I have been at this awhile, so I know about what 1600 looks like. I haven't been logging lately. I lost 30 lbs and have been maintaining that for about 18 months.

Probably not the person you're looking for as a MFP friend. But, I'll wish you the best anyway.

Cheers!
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I aim for around 2050 a day, usually eat between 1700-1900. Log daily, had 90+ to lose, now shooting for a BF% of 18%, workout practically daily since I own a horse, I don't eat great so I could use some help in that category. I use the TDEE-20% method.

Sending friend request.

Anyone else can send me a request. Especially if you have good dinner ideas I can fix ahead because that's where I really fall short!

Belinda
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Hey-lo. :D I tried the 1200, and I tried the 1890 TDEE recommendation and now I stick to the middle thereabouts. Higher when I work out, and I tend to play a lot of ball tournaments so I hit my TDEE amount on the weekends. I'm basically all over the place.
    Just hit 155 days of logging, diary and exercise for probably 150 of those! I'm down 30lbs and looking to lose another 60ish still, so I'll be around for a while :)
    Anyone is free to add me!
  • gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1600 cals/day and a little more on the days I exercise. It's coming off slowly, but I'm never giving up. :smile:
  • love2lift_85
    love2lift_85 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm on most days and I love commenting on people's updates! Feel free to add me, I eat 1600+ cals before exercise, for sure!
  • gettingmy_lifeback
    gettingmy_lifeback Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm reverse dieting and eatings 1600 cals, but i am younger and smaller! I'm told I eat very healthy so you could check out my diary
  • jjones62301
    jjones62301 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Most days I don't quite log to 1100 cals but I am also to the point in my journey where I can safely grab a handful of grapes, or a hershey kiss, a couple bites of my husbands food and not ruin my calories for the day, so even though my diary looks low....I'm probably getting an additional 400-500 cals on top of what I log. I've been on here every day for almost a year now, no plans to stop...and my diary is always open if you want to food stalk me! haha You definitely want to eat healthier, that's the whole point, but the whole "eat more to lose weight thing" gets harder to do the smaller you get...I am supposed to eat over 1700 a day right now, but with the healthy food I do eat, I'd have to be eating ALL DAY LONG to hit 1700! Good luck on your journey! Stay focused, be consistent and don't let numbers rule you!
  • gringuitica
    gringuitica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Especially if you have good dinner ideas I can fix ahead because that's where I really fall short!

Have you every tried freezer meals? (As in, make several portions, eat some now and freeze the rest for later.) I keep a few things in the freezer, like chicken breast meatballs or pasta sauce. It's so easy to grab when I'm hungry but don't want to cook.
  • LAnne16
    LAnne16 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    On days I don't exercise, I eat around 1900 calories. When I do exercise, it's closer to 2300 calories...
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    After reading this I may just want to do the TDEE-20% Going to figure this out.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this - I just added a boatload of new friends who aren't starving themselves!! Thanks for the add everyone! :-)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1500 on lazy days and on really active days I can eat up to 2500 calories and still be in a deficit.

I use heybales spreadsheet to help me determine what my calorie goal should be. Back in April, my goal was 1770 before exercise, but I've lost 44lbs since and as such have had to readjust my goals a couple times. :drinker:
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I eat 1800+.
    Going on 530 days of logging.
    Exercise 6-7 days a week.
    Lost over 80 and have about 40 pounds til goal.