Looking for some support and new friends!

Options
Hey!
I’m April. I’m 28 and from Canada.
I started at 312 and recently hit 252.2. I’m starting to lose momentum and getting discouraged and could use some support! I don’t have real life support and it’s so hard sometimes.

Replies

• Engela16
    Engela16 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi April, I wish I could be where you are now. My staring weight was 315 and I'm at 283.5 now. How have you lost the first 60 lbs? Thats so impressive!
  • DoItForMe_50
    DoItForMe_50 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi April! You have worked so hard! Don’t give up the ship! You have accomplished So much!!!
  • letgoorbedragged
    letgoorbedragged Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am just starting back on MFP-let's support each other!
  • emjustem06
    emjustem06 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You’re doing awesome!! Would love to hop on the support train 🙌🏻
  • cparsons_60
    cparsons_60 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Wow, April, you've lost 60 pounds -- that's so great. And you're young -- you didn't wait until age 50 to make a change.

You don't say how long this weight loss took you. I'm wondering whether you did something like lose ten pounds per month for six months? When you have a lot to lose, the initial weight loss can be quick like that.

Your rate of weight loss will slow down. It's inevitable -- you weigh less now, so you will burn fewer calories in your day-to-day metabolism. Are you starting to notice this? Are you doing what you've been doing and your weight loss has slowed? Is this part of why you're discouraged?
  • bswolfe8847
    bswolfe8847 Posts: 7 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    If you get discouraged, just think about what you would weigh now if you hadn't started a program. It's not just about losing for me but making sure I don't gain any more. I have 116 pounds to go. Kind regards to you. You've got this!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,426 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    It's not just about losing for me but making sure I don't gain any more.

This is so wise.

Coincidentally,a moment ago, I finally managed to figure out how to get into my health records. (Stupid, frustrating app!)

In 2014, my doc weighed me at 190, 2015 at 194. By the time I started MFP four years ago, I was about 225.

My records show I was coming in complaining of fatigue, shortness of breath, joint pain.

Is it any freaking wonder?

If only I’d held steady, that would have been 35 pounds less to battle through.

If for no reason other than that, maintain and don’t gain.

@shadowheart3 don’t lose momentum. You’ve come so far. You’ve lost a ten year old kid. Six giant bags of potatoes. A shopping cart full of chuck roast. That’s nothing to sneeze at, sweetie.

Are you hitting it too hard? Go into maintenance for a month or two.

I found that the more I lost, I was actually able to eat more and continue losing.

Give yourself a break and increase those calories and see how things stand in sixty days. I’m betting with the momentum you’ve got, you’ll still blow through the weight, and be amazed.

Look at it this way, if you increase calories 200 a day, that’s 6,000 a month. A pound is (roughly accepted to be) 3500 calories.

So worst case, in sixty days, you’ll have gained a little less than four pounds. Yeah, it’s be a PITA, but you have the tools to lose it again. But my money is that you’ll probably hold steady or continue losing.
  • chriseditcool
    chriseditcool Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello April I’m from Canada too and I’m looking to getting healthier and lose weight, etc. I would like to be your friend. Feel free to send me a friend request.

Chris
  • Jacki916W
    Jacki916W Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I find this discussion extremely inspirational and motivating and need friends like you! I wrote a book length introduction if you can find it and learn more about me. Maybe I’ll get some great friends out of it. Stay strong!
  • lyn_2013
    lyn_2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend for more support! Don’t give up, keep working on yourself!
  • MKWXIII
    MKWXIII Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm from Canada too! What province? I'm in BC.
    HW 402+
    CW 293
    Are you following any plan in particular?
    Feel free to message and add me, I don't have any IRL support either, so...I'd love a check-in buddy.
  • SBR1313
    SBR1313 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    New on here! from Canada looking for accountability and motivation friends or groups.

I'm 38 live on Canada. I have been on this weight lost journey since a teenager. I have over 100 pounds to lose to be in a healthy BMI. I am pre diabetic and was just referred for weight loss surgery:( I work from home and have a toddler. No support system I have put on over 60 pounds since having my child 3 years ago.
    Sept 13 2022
    SW:276
    CW:270(water weightnot fat)
    MINI GOAL 250 BY DEC
    My goal is to lose 25 pounds every 3 months and keep it off.
    GW 175

Want to make friends say motivated and held be accountable to stick to my goals.
    Feel free to add me

• jambodesign
    jambodesign Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I still have a long way to go. (100 more to go) But I am seeing the difference! Keep at it!
    1jvjy3ggxfse.jpg
  • 1017Rebecca
    1017Rebecca Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It’s hard to keep going! One day or even an hour at a time! Back at it again today! 40 pounds to go and hopefully feeling better soon!! Support is always great!! Sending to everyone!! ♥️
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    Options
    Hey April, it sounds like you've made awesome progress so far! Keep up the good work!