Weigh in

Options
2»

Replies

• kbru19
    kbru19 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself no more than twice per week, but now I'm weighing myself daily. It used to affect my mood and motivation if I saw the number on the scale go up, even a little bit. But I once saw someone on here comment that some people are "data junkies" and I realized that's me. It helped me reframe the way I saw weigh-ins from "checking if I've failed or not" to "data collection." I have so much less anxiety about the number on the scale since I started seeing it this way, and little bumps don't bother me - it's just data. And I looooove having all this data! Helps me understand better what my personal fluctuations look like and see trends more clearly.

I also weigh myself first thing in the morning before I eat or drink anything, after I've used the bathroom. And no clothes. This helps the data be consistent as well - fewer factors impacting weight.
  • ladybug4233
    ladybug4233 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I tend to check it daily but would prefer to check it weekly.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    Options
    Daily. As soon as I roll outta bed, make a trip to the loo, brush my teeth, and then step on the scale.
  • LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and have for the last year (other than vacations). I am now in maintenance and figuring it out. I will likely weigh myself daily forever.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    every three weeks or so
  • rosiekin
    rosiekin Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    During my weight loss period, I weighed myself monthly. I've been maintaining my weight since 2015 and over the past 3 years or so, I've only weighed myself a couple of times.
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    everyday and take an average over the week
  • jcu888
    jcu888 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. I feel that doing that gets me over scale phobia. When I did it once a week it seemed like a big thing. Doing it daily is just something that I do as a routine.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Normally daily but today three times!

First thing in he morning (OK second thing...) lets me keep an eye on my weight trend and it's the trend that gives context rather than individual data points.
    Today I was a couple of pounds up which puts me mid-point of my maintenance range but that 2lbs was most likely due to a salty dinner yesterday. As I know my trend there's no drama or surprise. And when that extra 2lbs goes there's no undeserved celebration either - just normal fluctuations.

Second weigh in was just before setting off on a hot and hilly bike ride.

Third weigh in shows despite drinking two full bottles of water and electrolytes during my ride I'm down 3lbs so I've got about 3 pints of rehydrating to do.

Just data for me.
  • imatoughgirl
    imatoughgirl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    StefMB88 wrote: »
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    Once a week on Monday. Weighing more often is a waste.

Also a Monday weigher and only do once a week. Since weight will fluctuate often through the week or even the day I find that once a week is sufficient enough to track my progress.

I also find it depressing to see the "ups" even though they go down. Frankly I don't have time every morning. I keep my scale in the bathroom across the house from my bedroom. I have to be very organized in the am to get ready in a short amt of time. 🙂
  • Dy4u
    Dy4u Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Once or twice a week i find the best as it consistently shows the weight going down Vs Fluctuations when done daily
  • MrMojoPGH
    MrMojoPGH Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Once per week. Same time, same day.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    Everyday after the bathroom. I love data and science. The numbers don't matter, the trend does.
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Everyday after the bathroom. I love data and science. The numbers don't matter, the trend does.

This.
    And then it gets plotted on a spreadsheet with a trend graph
    15822 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Every day, but the Monday one "counts" - that's also the day I do my measurements.