Weigh in

How often do you weigh in?

Replies

• Naija82
    Naija82 Posts: 345 Member
    Once a week, sometimes I may check it midweek if I've been eating too much but only post my weekly weight
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    I lose the most consistently when I weigh myself every day. Sometimes I don’t weigh but once a week, or once a month even. It depends on how closely I’m monitoring what I’m doing.

I was super sick a couple weeks ago and I ate as close to maintenance as I could because I was not trying to add stress to my body. I’m feeling better so I’m trying to get back on track with my deficit and my weigh ins.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    Once a week after my morning walk, nekkid, and then log the average on here at the end of the month.
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Once a week on Monday. Weighing more often is a waste.
  • OnTheRoad24
    OnTheRoad24 Posts: 200 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    Once a week after my morning walk, nekkid, and then log the average on here at the end of the month.

Officially, once a week, nekkid but first thing in the morning before anything else... well, between using the toilet and the shower. I feel it's more consistent that way. 😁
  • Niknacfitness
    Niknacfitness Posts: 8 Member
    @IAmTheGlue I glad to hear you are feeling better
  • Niknacfitness
    Niknacfitness Posts: 8 Member
    Thank you everyone for your responds.
  • Lynnda7
    Lynnda7 Posts: 13 Member
    When I know Ive gained weight never! When I'm losing I do every day and when I'm at my right weight unless I get to comfortable....
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Sometimes every day, sometimes once a week, other times not for 10 days! However, I do find that I stay on track with my meal plans better when I weigh in more frequently. And also that when I don't want to weigh in that it's a good indication that I have over-indulged in something and want to avoid stepping on that scale.
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,187 Member
    edited August 2022
    I think it's a matter of figuring out what works best for you. With rare exceptions I weigh myself once per week. I have been down this road before and I know that my mind cannot handle the normal daily fluctuations that occur throughout the week.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    Daily, every morning naked after loo. This way I gained a valuable understanding of how weight fluctuates throughout the week. For example, before home office my weight would reach a low on Monday morning and climb slowly until Saturday morning, then go down again. Bit of water weight from sitting in an office I suppose. I mostly sit cross-legged or 'odd' at home and this doesn't really happen.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,983 Member
    Daily on a trend app.
  • MatthewQuinn209
    MatthewQuinn209 Posts: 7 Member
    Honestly weighing kinda excessively right now.

When i wake up, which is before work

After work when i get home.

And before bed.

Just enjoying seeing how my weight fluctuates throughout the day/week. I do not let the small changes up or down effect me too much.
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    About once every 2 weeks
  • OnTheRoad24
    OnTheRoad24 Posts: 200 Member

@CoffeeNstilettos still my favorite name on MFP... 😊

• gpanda103
    gpanda103 Posts: 189 Member
    Haven't weighed myself in probably... 7 months now
  • Ghostofachance
    Ghostofachance Posts: 305 Member
    Daily. I like having tons of data points to get a better understanding of how factors such as sleep, water intake, sodium consumption affect my weight over time
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday and I take the average as my weight. When I'm losing weight I typically eat in a deficit during the week and maintenance on the weekends so I don't touch the scale on Monday since I know my weight will be up due to water from consuming more calories and more digestive waste so it's not a particularly meaningful data point for myself.
  • StefMB88
    StefMB88 Posts: 13 Member
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    Once a week on Monday. Weighing more often is a waste.

Also a Monday weigher and only do once a week. Since weight will fluctuate often through the week or even the day I find that once a week is sufficient enough to track my progress.