Vegan WFPB favorite recipes and foods

2»

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Hey @VegjoyP !

A frequent fav of mine - I switch the recipe around here and there:

Cacao chia mousse (I use coconut milk and top with raw cacao nibs)

nxmnvq1amibe.jpeg

This sounds delicious! I too love chia 'puddings/jam, etc.,
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 843 Member
    I've really been loving this broccoli soup from FOK lately: https://www.forksoverknives.com/recipes/vegan-soups-stews/broccoli-soup/

It's really quick and easy! I usually add nutritional yeast, a little allspice, shredded carrots, and cooked red lentils to make it a bit more filling.
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited February 2023
    I have a bit of a dried cauliflower snack habit lately. Going to have to enter a 12 step program soon.

It started with the store bought ones…

And descended into the abyss of dried Cauli recipes…

Which I have yet to perfect..

vgzrtu9ojg9p.jpeg

c4mvospvmpfm.jpeg
    kc6yhnqjzfd1.png
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,929 Member
    @SafariGalNYC

Please share your "recipe" or process. I think I'd love this. I like to roast the stuff, and I can imagine taking it as a snack to go. I can totally imagine filling six trays of a dehydrator. Maybe with slightly different flavors on each couple trays.
  • Plasicage
    Plasicage Posts: 355 Member
    I have this book, it’s old but fairly simple whole food, and most recipes have nutrition information.

e7ww6qw3l77c.png
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,211 Member
    Lately I have been cooking my way through Be a Plant Based Woman Warrior and the Forks Over Knives cookbook. I am really loving both books.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,767 Member
    Hey @VegjoyP !

A frequent fav of mine - I switch the recipe around here and there:

Cacao chia mousse (I use coconut milk and top with raw cacao nibs)

nxmnvq1amibe.jpeg

Yummy!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,767 Member
    I have to take a pic next time I make the incredible discovery I made- a pack of Black beans, carob powder, tablespoon of rolled oats, sweetenerbof choice, splash of but milk- blended in Nutrabullet then pour into glass bowl. Let it sit in fridge for at least an hour. I had it with a piece of toasted cinnamin raisin Ezekiel and strawberry sugar free preserves. Omgosh so good!
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited April 2023
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    @SafariGalNYC

Please share your "recipe" or process. I think I'd love this. I like to roast the stuff, and I can imagine taking it as a snack to go. I can totally imagine filling six trays of a dehydrator. Maybe with slightly different flavors on each couple trays.

@mtaratoot so sorry I missed this! Always love seeing your posts!!

This is a recipe that I keep trying to perfect. During winter on days home I used the oven method.. house was toasty. Dehydrator for summer!

Here is both-

Fiesty cauliflower bites or herbed - sea salt bites.

• 1 head cauliflower
    • 3 tbsp oil of choice
    • paprika
    • Cayenne
    • cumin

💫 Or my fav -- a spritz of oil, herbs de Provençe and sea salt!
    💫 Chili - lime is also nice!
    💫 Cheesy with nutritional yeast comes out well.

👉Oven method

-oven to 170f or lowest setting.

-chop the florets into bite sized Pieces.

-Toss them in a large bowl with all seasonings and oil.

-Place the cauliflower in a baking pan (i line with parchment paper) uncovered, at 170°F for 9 hrs (start checking it at 6 hrs)

👉Dehydrator - 135 degrees for 12 hrs.. (times can vary..) I start checking the crunchiness factor at 9 hours. I use the bare minimum of oil when I use the dehydrator.

I bet if anyone can perfect it - you can! 👩🏼‍🍳
  • suzzannestoll
    suzzannestoll Posts: 3 Member
    Been WFPB/ Vegetarian for about 1 year thanks to my vegan daughter....just wanted to say I am loving these recipe ideas can't wait to try some (I have been at a stand still).

My fave recipe for after work is cook & drain pasta add in cherry tomatoes, minced garlic, basil & a little plant based parmesan (Follow your heart brand)