How to reduce fat in upper thighs

Options
!) Why do women gain fat in thighs so easily?
2) What is best...running/swimming/high intensity training to shed extra fat from thighs?

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,272 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat, you just need to lose fat overall and hope it will come off in that spot eventually.

I would guess the reason is hormonal. And perhaps you shouldn't be too frustrated about that: fat in the thigh area carries less health risks than in the abdominal area!
  • jonniemomof9ak
    jonniemomof9ak Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I think you would have to lower total body fat. I have read some about gaining glute muscle- may help lesson the thigh bulking to hold up your skeleton. If you get a better answer, you could make a blog and get rich.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    yomikapasi wrote: »
    2) What is best...running/swimming/high intensity training to shed extra fat from thighs?

Lol no... not every woman gains fat in their thighs. 🙄

And you cannot spot reduce. Embrace your body shape for what it is. 🤷‍♀️
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I am one of the people who do put everything on their thighs.

You cannot spot reduce, but I notice improvement when I'm running a lot. But that's running long distances on trails with lots of elevation regularly. So whilst it will be working those muscles, it is also burning a lot of calories, and the combination of those things for me makes a difference. They will never be small though :D

The best bet is to choose the exercise things that you like the most, that will make the biggest difference because your much more likely to actually do it.
  • Jambalady
    Jambalady Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have always had thick legs. What has worked the best for me has been lifting. Once I started using heavier weights, my legs look much leaner due to the higher muscle mass. Everything looks much more pulled in, whereas I used to weigh a good 10 lbs less than I did now, but fat seemed to distribute itself mostly to my thighs and stomach. Even when I was running regularly my legs didn't look as lean as they do now.
  • LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have really skinny legs, no butt, and I can't get rid of the lower abdomen. :smile:
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I carry my weight in my abdomen and thighs. So I have always had to buy curvy cut pants no matter what my weight. THEN, I started working out daily on a rebounder (mini trampoline). When I lost weight (85lb) and tried on my old curvy cut pants - the waist would fit, but my thighs were swimming in extra fabric. My saddlebags were gone!

So yes, while you may not be able to spot reduce, I can attest to being able to reshape your body as you lose weight.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    Liposuction. Or just a lot of patience.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    yomikapasi wrote: »

Fat distribution and primary fat storage is genetic. For many the midsection is primary fat stores...this is particularly true for most men. The thighs as well as the butt are also areas common to primary fat stores. Primary fat stores are a first on, last off kind of thing. You just have to lose weight (fat) in general. You can't spot reduce fat with any particular exercise.
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Liposuction. Or just a lot of patience.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Just the thought of lipo is soooo depressing. Get yourself a quack, you could end up with dents in your rearend and everywhere else. Ahhh hail no, hail damage. What a mess. What are your thoughts on cool sculpting. I've heard that doesn't really work or last. It will set you back a pretty penny. I opt for swimming and hiking mountains.