"Lose up to 17 pounds in 7 days" Hmmm...

Options
2»

Replies

• NekaMaye88
    NekaMaye88 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    The only reason you should lose that much weight that quickly is if you just had a baby...otherwise it is probably not healthy and/or maintainable.

Or a large tumor removed.

Friend of a friend did something similar, starting raving about all the weight she lost in two weeks. Went back to eating normal, weight back up and depressed. It's called yo-yo for a reason. If there was a magic pill, soup, drink, sex move, machine, etc out there that transformed fat to skinny in a week or two and actually worked, we'd all look like supermodels. :laugh:

That is indeed a fact. Drugs work...but then...all that extra that comes with it is noooooooooooooot so great. haha Quick side note: Totally not trying to offend those who have been down that slippery slope before though.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    B069Ujo.gif
    IXUO5zJ.gif

However, "Grow up to 17 inches on your beard in 7 days" is completely healthy...although difficult.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    B069Ujo.gif
    IXUO5zJ.gif

Can't Stop watching, Fear the beard.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    It was originally designed for heart patients to lose weight quickly before surgery according to the article, not for the average Joe to use as a fad diet. I would hope the average person would see through this as not a smart thing to do (need a sarcasm smiley).
  • FitCurves444
    FitCurves444 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Well, one thing that I can guarantee is that those 17 pounds are not fat and that is the high end of someone who has a lot of extra weight to lose.... it is possible, even probable.... but at least half will come back.

A 7 day "fast" is not going to kill you. It may even be something that you need to do to reset your body, but you are right to be skeptical. It is not something that you want to do on a regular basis to lose body fat.
  • curlyteetee
    curlyteetee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I don't have to read the article to know that if it is possible that its not healthy. Why would anybody want to lose that much weight that fast???? It's 90% eating right and 10% exercising, just because you read it doesn't make it true.
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    What limb do I have to lose?
  • poe510
    poe510 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    UGH It's a scam, if you read the flow of the comments you'll see they follow a pattern. Easiest way to lose weight is lots of hard work, love and commitment.
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Whaaaat? That's some insanity right there. Who wants to eat that much soup?!
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I did it last month and I eat VERY HEALTHY. You can lose more than 2 pounds a week.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't trust an article on Yahoo Voices even if it told me the sky was blue and water was wet. This particular diet fantasy has been around for ages and it doesn't work.
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Losing even 5-10lbs a week its not impossible with diet and exercise. But it depends on a variety of factors including how much weight you have to lose. But you definitely don't need a soup diet.....that doesn't even sound healthy
  • NekaMaye88
    Options
    I wouldn't trust an article on Yahoo Voices even if it told me the sky was blue and water was wet. This particular diet fantasy has been around for ages and it doesn't work.

Haha I'm not even sure why Yahoo! still exists? I feel like Google and Bing have pretty much taken over that market. But I do agree with you that it wouldn't work. A proper diet and exercise seems to be key and has helped me lose 85 lbs so...I'm sticking with that. :)
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I lost approx 22 pounds in less then a day.. and I named him James. :)
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    The only reason you should lose that much weight that quickly is if you just had a baby...otherwise it is probably not healthy and/or maintainable.

Damn.. someone beat me to it. lol
  • NekaMaye88
    Options
    I don't have to read the article to know that if it is possible that its not healthy. Why would anybody want to lose that much weight that fast???? It's 90% eating right and 10% exercising, just because you read it doesn't make it true.

I absolutely agree.
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 lbs the first week I started dieting, but it was all water.
    Last fall, my wife lost 8 lbs in 3 days, but it was because she had a stomach virus and was constantly vomiting and couldn't keep anything down.
    Is it possible to lose that much weight? Yes; I just gave two examples of rapid weight loss in a short amount of time
    The diet talked about in the article is a medically supervised and prescribed "crash" diet used in drastic situations. It's not a healthy or sane way to lose weight and keep it off.
    There's no "quick fix" to losing weight. Just do it the right way by eating right and exercising.
    *gets off soap box and goes home*