I’m going to stop buying bread

Options
13»

Replies

• JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Nope. I have a English muffin every morning. I have regular buns when I have turkey burgers. I just don't go crazy with the carbs. Moderation.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    I just added Ezekiel bread and Carbonaut gluten free. I can't imagine almond butter and preserves being as filling or desiresble on a wrap instead of bread. In that case I use a plain rice cake

I've had nut butter and preserves in a wrap but do prefer them on rice cakes. My brand is 35 calories - half that of my small wraps.

I had a friend who used to feed her toddler peanut butter on rice cakes as a way to keep her quiet 🤣 two dry and claggy foods together took some serious chomping!

• Steeperslounge
    Steeperslounge Posts: 5 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I gave up bread once on this journey and found that it really did not make a difference. Everyone is different.
    I cut back on bread though and now eat marble rye thin slice. I keep my bread in the freezer and toast a slice when needed. I do make sourdough bread (whiteout yeast), focaccias (with dry yeast) as well as sourdough discard fruit, nuts, and organic protein powder muffins for long hiking trips or bike rides that keep me satiated.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    I'm not giving up bread. Sometimes I bake my own. Bread lasts well in the freezer (just slice it before freezing unless you want a long wait for it to defrost enough for slicing).

But I have recently found wraps made from egg whites, no flour (I think the brand name is Egg Life) -- sold in the dairy case near the butter in my grocer's. They're very pricey, even on sale, but they make a nice sub when I'm looking for a more protein dense sandwich. No good for toast, though 😕
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I did not ditch bread .. but I have restricted the varieties and frequency of consumption. It's not for the calories though .. its because certain kinds of bread products set of hunger cravings even when I am 'full' ... driving to want to eat some more within about 1 hour or so. I do keep wraps on hand because they do not have that effect on me. As for the breads that are safer in regards to the cravings .. sturdy rye bread or pumpernickel bread, bakery style are my most tolerable and enjoyable.

I've let myself purchase other types of bread on occasion and find slicing it up, wrapping it and freezing it helps me to keep it on hand longer than 24 hours after eating some.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I LIKE bread (well, good bread anyway), but I just don't eat a lot of it. It's not that I avoid it for whatever reason, it normally just isn't part of the meals I prep etc. That said, on Monday we are grilling out for Labor Day and you better believe I'm gonna have buns on my burgers & all that.