First impressions

tigrig
tigrig Posts: 663 Member
Like the title says, what are people's first impression of you.

I'll start. Most people when they first see me think I'm going to be a gym douche, dick, mean, or just ready to fight

Reality is I'm a nerdy, dorky guy that likes to joke around and just happens to also like to lift weights.
I can understand why I get the first impression though cause I have a horrible resting B facenj7bdyebzrec.jpg

Replies

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,401 Member
    Apparently people find me intimidating...not sure why. My dad got the same reaction and we're really not intimidating at all
  • tigrig
    Apparently people find me intimidating...not sure why. My dad got the same reaction and we're really not intimidating at all

Maybe both of yall have a level of confidence that " scares" people
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    I'm not really sure what kind of first impression someone would have of me. I am a bit shy if it's in person, so they might think that I'm quiet.

I’m glad we get to know the inner you
  • OnlyPans
    OnlyPans Posts: 629 Member
    edited September 2022
    I have it on good and recent authority that I'm intimidating AF. This from my 17 year old daughter on behalf of her friends.

So I scare young women, that's the takeaway. Half a step from pedophile. :|
  • tigrig
    OnlyPans wrote: »
    I have it on good and recent authority that I'm intimidating AF. This from my 17 year old daughter on behalf of her friends.

🤣🤣🤣 I mean that or it sounds like you're the perfect Halloween horror movie bad guy
  • OnlyPans
    I'm not really sure what kind of first impression someone would have of me. I am a bit shy if it's in person, so they might think that I'm quiet.

In real life I am quietly pervered

I am so annoyed I mistyped perverted and I've missed my window to correct myself

Pervered is like revered in pervert society.
  • OnlyPans
    tigrig wrote: »

🤣🤣🤣 I mean that or it sounds like you're the perfect Halloween horror movie bad guy

It's not just them. Like most of the people I meet at work have this opinion: dead serious, can't get a read on him except that he gives nothing away. Then they hang with me for a few hours and it's 180* the opposite: super laid back and chill, completely transparent and open.

Which also can be a useful set of traits as a serial killer, I admit.
  • tigrig

In real life I am quietly pervered

I am so annoyed I mistyped perverted and I've missed my window to correct myself

Pervered is like revered in pervert society.

I can handle being a revered perv

Also, congratulations. You made me laugh again.

So is revered perv a fancy way of saying ruler of all pervs? 🤔 It should come with a crown and a suggestive scepter
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    people think i’m friendly and easy to get along with, i accomplish this by rarely saying what i’m actually thinking and smiling a lot.
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited September 2022
    These *kitten* quotes
  • TwitchyMagee
    Depends what costume I put on. I have one that leaves absolutely no impression at all. I call it the invisible middle-aged white woman costume.
  • Rickimariefit
    Rickimariefit Posts: 64 Member
    edited September 2022
    I’ve been told I’m intimidating and look superficial. Snobby, bitchy. But I’m actually completely opposite. I don’t like drama and I just like to have a good time. If there’s drama I exit myself from the situation almost immediately. I’m a grown *kitten* woman I don’t have time for that. I like everyone until they give me a valid reason not too. I’m extremely empathetic and pick up on other’s energies very easily. And just the reality of the situation is I’m just a kid at heart. 🤷🏽‍♀️
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,578 Member
    I’ve been told I’m intimidating and look superficial. Snobby, bitchy. But I’m actually completely opposite. I don’t like drama and I just like to have a good time. If there’s drama I exit myself from the situation almost immediately. I’m a grown *kitten* woman I don’t have time for that. I like everyone until they give me a valid reason not too. I’m extremely empathetic and pick up on other’s energies very easily. And just the reality of the situation is I’m just a kid at heart. 🤷🏽‍♀️

You took the words out of my mouth. Although, I'm not a kid at heart, I'm an old soul who wants to be in bed by 8.
  • Reckoner67_again
    Reckoner67_again Posts: 184 Member
    I've been told I come across as not intimidating at all; weak, perhaps spineless, with just a *sneeze* of lime
  • TwitchyMagee
    I've been told I come across as not intimidating at all; weak, perhaps spineless, with just a *sneeze* of lime

Tangy & refreshing
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,216 Member
    I have no idea. But I think it’s amazing that people know what others’ first impressions are of them. Interesting that you’ve been told.
  • TwitchyMagee
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    I have no idea. But I think it’s amazing that people know what others’ first impressions are of them. Interesting that you’ve been told.
    Same
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,593 Member
    I have no idea what people's first impression of me is, I don't really care. I do get weird looks at times because I'm covered in tattoos.

As to what kind of person I am? I'm shy if I don't know you, I match energies. Once I'm comfortable with someone I open up easily.
  • TwitchyMagee
    I have no idea what people's first impression of me is, I don't really care. I do get weird looks at times because I'm covered in tattoos.

As to what kind of person I am? I'm shy if I don't know you, I match energies. Once I'm comfortable with someone I open up easily.

I would totally have a hard time not staring at you. I think you are visually stunning
  • CoffeeNstilettos

I would totally have a hard time not staring at you. I think you are visually stunning

Thank you <3 as are you 😍
  • TwitchyMagee

Meh. But thank you
  • CoffeeNstilettos

Meh. But thank you

I also forgot to add that even at 41 years old, if I go somewhere with my mother and there's a opportunity to make a dirty joke, she tells me before to not say a word😅
  • TwitchyMagee

Meh. But thank you

I also forgot to add that even at 41 years old, if I go somewhere with my mother and there's a opportunity to make a dirty joke, she tells me before to not say a word😅
    I am going to cultivate this kind of relationship with my mother😂

• tigrig
    MelG7777 wrote: »

I can't speak for everyone, but it's come up in conversation with a few people I became friends with.
  • CoffeeNstilettos

Meh. But thank you

It's annoying sometimes 🙄😂 love her to death though.
  • TwitchyMagee

Meh. But thank you

It's annoying sometimes 🙄😂 love her to death though.
    My mother used to be so forthright and a little bit bawdy and I think I need to remind her. It’s for her own good

• Reckoner67_again
    Reckoner67_again Posts: 184 Member
    just a *sneeze* of lime
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    people think i’m friendly and easy to get along with, i accomplish this by rarely saying what i’m actually thinking and smiling a lot.

You ARE friendly ❤ and I love your heart.
  • TwitchyMagee
    just a *sneeze* of lime

Like vermouth
  • CoffeeNstilettos

You don't intimidate me 😝