PB2

Options
Hi everyone, I just bought my first two jars of PB2, one original, one chocolate. Any tips or suggestions, do you love it, hate it? Like it better in a protein shake or simply mixed with the water?
i'm excited to try it!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Hate it
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    It's alright, the chocolate one is good. I like it with celery.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with peanut oil and make a spreadable paste with it.
  • BAMarsh
    BAMarsh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    smoothies/protein shakes
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    It's good for making protein shakes. That's it. I won't even bake with it. Making a spread with it is just an epic fail.

8 oz water
    scoop of chocolate protein powder
    2 Tbsp PB2
    half a frozen banana

if you have vanilla protein you can use the chocolate PB2 and it's just as good.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    It's really good when you mix it with peanut butter.
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I admit, i'm sure it will pale in comparison to the real thing, but my problem is i can literally eat half a jar of the real stuff without batting an eyelash so i figured i'd give it a try. thanks for the tips!! and the giggles, maybe i will mix it with peanut butter, LOL
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I love it in my Shakeology. It is my favorite! I like regular pb2 and the chocolate pb2.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Chocolate PB2 is great for flavoring oatmeal.

For any other use, it's no substitute for real peanut butter.
  • wahoostampingirl
    wahoostampingirl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think it's good with just water as a spread. But then again, I'm not a huge peanut butter lover, so that might make a difference. I also like it in oatmeal and smoothies.
  • amybrownpatterson
    amybrownpatterson Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like to mix it with a tablespoon of Smucker's sugar free pancake syrup.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I love the stuff... Smear it on a banana and top with sugar free chocolate syrup. NOM. Or eat on an apple. Or have a PB&J sammich. Or mix (after adding water) with fat free cool whip for peanut butter fluff. Or add to protein shakes. Bake with it. I use it every way I'd use regular peanut butter. (No dogs, please)
  • Doxeydoxie
    Options
    Smoothies and oatmeal!
  • mcjmommy
    mcjmommy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I like it best mixed with water and used like a dip for veggies or fruit.
    They say you can mix it with plain greek yogurt and it tastes like peanut butter mousse, but I don't like greek yogurt and thought it was awful that way.
    Love PB2, going to mix some up right now :love:
  • lilfurson
    lilfurson Posts: 190
    Options
    I use it in smoothies as well. Don't really use it for any other purpose but I like it, especially the chocolate.
  • jendrisfit
    jendrisfit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT!! Just mix a little water and add it to pancakes protein shakes or better yet put it in the microwave and put it over cool whip low fat It's my favorite!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    love it for PB banana toast. Regular or chocolate
  • stilltrying2013
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE it as a fat free peanut butter substitute. I haven't had real peanut butter in so long that I don't remember what that oily product tastes like!
    2 Tablespoons of the dry PB2 powder mixed with about 1 Tablespoon water or more depending on how thin you want it.
    I spread it on an Arnold's whole wheat with flax & fiber flat bread with 1 Tablespoon of Polaner's Sugar Free with Fiber
    Blackberry preserves. Yum! I take it anytime i have to be out of the house at lunch time. I also add a quartered Fuji apple
    to that lunch.
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    yay!! I"m glad to hear some good things too. For those of you that mix it with the oatmeal, how much do you put in there, a full two tablespoons and just add the regular amount of water to make the oats? thanks for all the good ideas
  • smithed812
    smithed812 Posts: 289
    Options
    It's good for protein shakes and mixing into oatmeal... but mixed with water it's kinda sad :ohwell: