Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Automatically Determine Meal to Log to Based Off Time of Day

Options
I would love it if the app would automatically determine which meal to use based off the time of day. Maybe you could set the hours that pertain to a specified meal. For example, if I log something at 2pm, often the default meal is breakfast but I’m not logging to breakfast. I usually forget to change the meal (especially if using a widget to open MFP) and 95% of the time all my stuff gets logged to breakfast no matter the time of day. Then eventually I have to go change them one by one.

It would be awesome if I could say that anything logged between—say—6am and 9:30am is breakfast. Then anything between 9:30 and 11:00am is morning snack. And so on. At those times the associated meal would be the default—with the option to change it of course.
Tagged:
5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• zackfanning5101
    zackfanning5101 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How is this not a thing? Why is it defaulting to breakfast at 10pm? 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    It would need to be optional - people don't necessarily log food at the moment they eat it: sometimes they log beforehand, sometimes afterwards.

I'm also not sure how you are logging food if it's always set to breakfast? I go to my diary and select 'add food' in the appropriate meal, that way the food is always logged where I want?