Dizziness, Pins & Needles, Tingling and feeling cold.

Options
I’ve been using the app for coming up to a month now on my calorie deficit.
I recently had my 40+ NHS health check and my blood pressure, and cholesterol are fine.
The last fortnight I’ve had dizzy spells, particularly tough on stairs.
I’ve also started experiencing pins and needles sensations in my arms and hands, sometimes my feet.
I’ve also had headaches, not migraines but distracting.
I was checked at hospital for facial numbness (like after a dental anaesthetic), and am awaiting blood test results.
They mentioned anxiety but I don’t feel anxious except for the worry about the test results tbh.
Has anyone had similar experiences in their early days when making diet changes ?

Replies

• petitexphysique
    Options
    How steep are you cutting the calories?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    How steep are you cutting the calories?

This. Or, how much weight have you lost in a month, starting from what body weight?
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    These are potentially poor nutrition/inflammation symptoms not necessarily caused by rapid weight loss but potentially by poor diet then exacerbated by a new weight loss regime. If you drink alcohol at quantities over 1 unit a day up to 5 per week that can also add in over time. And if for some reason you decided to kick start your weight loss with over the counter or herbal supplements (or other aids) those could also have an effect -
    I had very similar symptoms with anemia, and low B12 , D vitamins in particular. I would also ask to have my C reactive protein score checked for an idea of overall inflammation levels in your body
    Good luck and good health!
  • Hodgy2357
    Hodgy2357 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hope that you have had good news back. Absolutely right to get these things checked out properly by medical professionals.
    I had some similar symptoms with peri-menopause. Joy! It's the gift that keeps on giving.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    I'm also wondering if the OP cut calories too steeply and/or started taking new supplements, particularly ones with 1. B vitamins that can cause "niacin flush" or 2. with a lot of caffeine.

I had a friend with a medical degree not familiar with niacin flush.

I don't get that with this brand:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B001LXRWWE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1