New to losing weight and home gym

adrianmvaughan1976
adrianmvaughan1976 Posts: 5 Member
edited October 2022 in Fitness and Exercise
New starter looking for help and advice

Hello all like many I wanted to start to lose weight and am currently 107kg and 173cm (16.8st / 5f6) and 46 years old. I have a belly not going to lie, and I want to lose weight and transform my body as much as I can, I have been overweight for many years and now with all this, I have been diagnosed with diabetes. I live at home alone in my flat on the first floor, I have bought a Marcy BE1000 Eclipse Starter Weight Bench with 35KG of vinyl weights 2 dumbbell bars and a barbell bar. I used to go to gyms but getting to the gym was always the problem, call it laziness or whatever, but when I was at home as if I wanted to go out again, once there it was fine, so this is the reason for the home gym. So am looking for help, and tips on where to start. I want to do this the right way and not just go at it and do it all wrong, does anyone have any suggestions, please?

Again many thanks, and look forward to some replies.
Tagged:

Replies

• Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,816 Member
    Press, row, squat. Focus on exercises like those before isolation stuff like curls. For rows, you can do barbell or Pendlay rows with your bar, or one arm bent over rows with a db. For legs, I see you can do leg curls there. You can also do goblet squat with db, split squats and lunges with db's, or bar squat.

Your biggest gains will come in the kitchen.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Weight loss happens in the kitchen. What are you doing on the diet side of things?