Obese & Sedentary to Marathon Runner

Options

Replies

• drummer_lady
    drummer_lady Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, that's absolutely amazing! Not only do you look fantastic, but you have accomplished an amazing feat with your running. Seriously inspirational! I have kind of aspired to run a half marathon someday, assuming that I would never be able to do a full marathon, but now that I read your story I'm thinking of aiming a little higher :) Way to go!!!

p.s. I have that same dress from Ricki's haha
  • rejordan
    rejordan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm inspired! Great dedication!
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Oh, my gosh! No way! Way! Really? Can't believe my eyes! You look incredible and this transformation boarders on unbelievable...(I do believe you). Utterly, amazingly, incredible! Congratulations - you are awesome!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    You look incredible and I bet you feel just as good. Thank you for sharing your success! Very inspirational!
  • Levinia2013
    Levinia2013 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great story thank you for sharing, I just started and wanted to hear from people that have done it thanks again.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    That's a great success story!! Congrats...
  • sallydurkin
    sallydurkin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Love the way you did it.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Amazing story, amazing transformation.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    This thread is wonderful and so inspiring no matter what your goals are.

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your story!
  • semaj600
    Options
    good for you, and what an excellent example you are to your children!
  • arouse0930
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your inspirational story! I've just been jogging for about a month and today I just increased to jogging nonstop for 35 minutes.
  • tam6van
    tam6van Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    your kids are the spitting image of their dad
    Hilarious!! Lol

But well done one your accomplishment of both weight loss and completing a full marathon
  • Soulpaint
    Soulpaint Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow! I don't know what else to say except that you are amazing! You give me hope...real hope. Well done!!
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Your story brought tears to my eyes. It is so incredibly inspirational!
  • Vogela824
    Vogela824 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    your kids are the spitting image of their dad

^This....xDDD LMAO! and also such an amazing story!!! ♥
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you everyone so much for your kind words!

For everyone who commented that they are starting out, whatever you do, don't quit. You're not going to love running after a few weeks or even months. It REALLY does take time and for the first little while you just have to pretend that you love it.

I can honestly say that the most difficult part of this whole process was learning to run 5km because at that point you don't know what you're capable of. Once you can run 10km and beyond it's really more of a mental challenge than anything else. I live by the phrase "I don't stop when I'm tired, I'll stop when I'm done" and have probably repeated it to myself literally thousands of times over the last 7 months. You have it in you, you just have to believe it first.
  • K_armfield
    K_armfield Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You ate incredible! I've only been running for 3 weeks and I notice a difference every time. Congrats on the amazing accomplishment!!!!!
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    You are such a wonderful inspiration! I'm so proud of you for sticking to it.

Thank you for sharing your story!
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Thank you for sharing.
  • joy492
    joy492 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!:flowerforyou:

You look wonderful. Definitely a motivating story.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!