Obese & Sedentary to Marathon Runner

Options

Replies

• EL2EL1
    EL2EL1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Fantastic story! Thanks for sharing. You look great.
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Way to go!
  • pienthesky32
    pienthesky32 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    What a terrific journey you've had in such short time! I needed this today as I am also starting to run. I am bored with C25K and my daughter has pushed me to just increase the running time instead of walking intervals. You're right...my lungs still work and my legs still hold me up! Our goal is a half marathon next spring, she has done one before. Now after reading your story, I have more faith in myself that I can do it! Thank you for sharing and best wishes for your continued success and happiness!
  • lunaphilia
    lunaphilia Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    omg, congrats!! You are such an inspiration to me. :) I'm going to start a lifestyle like yours! :D
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration to me. Your before pic with your son at the bowling alley could be me, I have pictures exactly like that at home.

Running terrifies me because I have always failed. Your description of your first steps are exactly how I feel everytime I try. And I have always lost weight with just a calorie deficit. Like you, I now know that I need to add a lifetime of exercise to the mix to be successful long term. I am building up my walking base right now, as it has been YEARS since I have done any exercise. My goal is to begin running in the spring, and it's stories like yours that give me hope that I can do it.

Thank you SO much for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    "I don't stop when I'm tired, I'll stop when I'm done"

I really like this, it's going on my fridge.

Thanks so much for posting. 1 yr ago I completed a 12km fun run and walked it in 1:58 at the time i was pleased with this as i was only a couple of months into my new life. My friends joked around when I said that next year I plan to run/jog it. 5 days ago I did the same run in 1:22. Next year my goal is to do it under an hour. Thanks so much for sharing your story. :smile: :smile:
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    This is, by far, one of the most amazing transformation stories! You are awesome! Congratulations on the marathon!! You look fabulous!
  • sdreed25
    sdreed25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Totally epic! Many people starting out running need to read this and realise it's baby steps to start with but it all comes good in the end, too many try to do too much too fast and get discouraged. This is amazeballs
  • mmmbop74
    Options
    Wow oh my goodness you are so amazing and inspirational. I love the way you just kept going and didn't let anything bring you down. I am so inspired now, I always make excuses not to run because of injuries but if you do it sensibly then anyone can do it!

You are stunning by the way and your hubby and kids should be SO proud of you :)
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful success story this is! You look great. Oh, and I agree, the kids look just like Dad. :tongue:

Great job!:flowerforyou:
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing. You are an inspiration to many, including me. I run, not far, but I run. But now I want to run further.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Wowza, top work.

Got my first marathon in October eeeeeeek
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    your kids are the spitting image of their dad

People on here always make me laugh. That was funny!

You look amazing, great job!

I have never had a big weight problem, just always kind of chubby. I would lose and gain over and over. I have always exercised too but nothing has really changed my body like running has done. It is hard not to get addicted to it when it makes you feel and look so good!

Again, great job!
  • meriro
    meriro Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    amazing ! Truly very inspiring. I must not give up. I will always think of you when my resolve weakens. Thank you for sharing your story.
  • Nishay113
    Options
    All my respect......incredible determination......
  • beheim123
    beheim123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Amazing accomplishment. You are my new idol. Thank you for the inspiration!
  • V0lver
    V0lver Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    You have transformed your life beyond belief. Congratulations:flowerforyou:
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Totally awesomesauce! And cheers to another Marathon Runner!! =) Ran my first in November (much slower than you - 5:58:27) but like you said, goal was just to finish! =)
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I needed to read this today.
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    This is AWESOME and super relevant and inspiring to me. I'm so glad it resurfaced from August!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!