Just keep hiking

Options

Replies

• SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Today, Saturday June 3rd is National Trails Day! Hope some of you went out and hit up a few trails.
  • TamiVsTheTrail
    TamiVsTheTrail Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    @gentlygently LOVE the photos! My husband and I are heading to London the end of September, I'm so excited to show it to him and we want to get out and explore the surrounding areas as well.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Wonderful pics @TamiVsTheTrail! They exhume such a sense of calm and tranquility, it's stunning !
  • donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    So thrilled to have found this thread, Tami your journey is inspiring! I love hiking but have to be organized to get out there as I live in NYC and don’t have car. A few pics from a Connecticut hike last weekend. I really love hiking in this part of the world, just have to check carefully for ticks afterwards!

li5tfzb22pkz.jpeg
    1l8wj9rv3rai.jpeg
  • summerfreckles74
    summerfreckles74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Beautiful photos! Are these from Vancouver Island or Haida Gwaii?
  • TamiVsTheTrail
    Options
    @summerfreckles74 All of my hikes this year have been on the mainland, from Manning Park to Pemberton :)
  • TamiVsTheTrail
    Options
    I feel like I've been MIA! So much going on the last several weeks but finally have a few minutes to update.
    105 hikes completed! It was a really busy summer for my business (not complaining) and super excited that my line of cookies was picked up by a chain so lots of emotions going back and forth as they get ready for the official launch next week. Excited tops the list but of course, nervous, scared, back to excited, overthinking and a few more rounds of excitement. For me the best thing to do is head to the trails and clear my mind. I've started running quite a bit more and found a trail that's 16KM long and great for trail runs. Small rolling hills, nice and quiet. Great place to de-stress. Of course I've done lots of ones that weren't quite so calm.

I dragged my husband out for a night hike along the river and lake just up from our house, it was a beautiful night and pitch black by the time we walked home. He wasn't a fan, I loved it.
    Back up Cypress Mountain to a new to me spot, it was so much fun and really challenging. Pretty much all climbing roots and hills. I don't know how but I swear it was uphill both ways. I'm pretty sure gremlins came and changed the trail while we relaxed at the top.

My weight has been bouncing between 50 - 54 pounds down, with such a busy non-hiking summer I'm not worried that it held steady, now that the fall is here I'll have more time for hiking and running and get the last 20 pounds of my 2023 goal lost.

Hope you all have had a great summer! Thanks for sharing all your adventures, I love seeing photos from all over the world.

e2ggeonbjm96.jpg
    l1dd62177jkx.jpg
    uijgoycv2yxg.jpg
    n8tw0ac0va05.jpg
    7xnc9mr9nex6.jpg
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,643 Member
    Options
    @TamiVsTheTrail you might have to start giving trail & hiking lessons to people nearby... plus letting some us know which stores may have the cookies that fuel the Tami! Some of your pics are giving me ideas and are making me a tiny bit jelly! AWESOME!
  • CaminoDreamer
    CaminoDreamer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great photos! I too am a hiker and we are now hitting the prime hiking season (goodbye heat and humidity) here in Georgia. Did my first fall hike this past weekend and will be headed out again soon! Happy Hiking everybody!
  • Delilahloo
    Delilahloo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I so enjoyed looking over this thread! I, too, am a hiker - I enjoy having hikes as part of our big vacations. So many places to see. Most often are my local NC mountain hikes. a005n84zcy5o.jpeg
  • _Brigit
    _Brigit Posts: 48 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    @TamiVsTheTrail Amazing pics! Me and my husband enjoy hiking too. I love to get my exercise outside. It's inspiring.
  • TamiVsTheTrail
    Options
    @Delilahloo What a great picture!
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 380 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    @TamiVsTheTrail Love your photos! They make me want to be there hiking that trail and enjoying the scenery. Beautiful weather, too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!