Just keep hiking
I've had a list of hikes that I've wanted to do for a long time. I've waited to lose weight, I've waited for friends to get up to the same ability so they could come with me. I waited to come up with more excuses.
This year I decided it was enough and June 1st I changed from focusing on the scale and working to get stronger and healthier. My eating transitioned to eating to fuel my body (most of the time) and I made my list of dream hikes. I also decided it was time to remind myself that I liked to hike alone just as much as with friends and family.
Last week I completed my longest solo hike. It was 20KM long, the equivalent to over 650 flights of stairs and took me just over 7 hours. I was on a high for days and can't wait to do another long one. I've lost 16 pounds since recommitting to my health and fitting back into clothes that had dust forming on them.
The pictures are some of my favourite hikes. They are my inspiration and I've picked out a 32KM one for next year. I still have a ton of winter hikes and snowshoeing planned to make sure I stay focused and excited to keep hiking on.
- All Categories
- 1.4M Health, Wellness and Goals
- 390.7K Introduce Yourself
- 43.3K Getting Started
- 259.5K Health and Weight Loss
- 175.5K Food and Nutrition
- 47.3K Recipes
- 232.2K Fitness and Exercise
- 378 Sleep, Mindfulness and Overall Wellness
- 6.4K Goal: Maintaining Weight
- 8.5K Goal: Gaining Weight and Body Building
- 73.1K Success Stories
- 152.6K Motivation and Support
- 7.8K Challenges
- 1.3K Debate Club
- 96.3K Chit-Chat
- 2.5K Fun and Games
- 3K MyFitnessPal Information
- 22 News and Announcements
- 850 Feature Suggestions and Ideas
- 2.2K MyFitnessPal Tech Support Questions